Loc: Wisconsin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sympathy time!! new
      #86212 - 07/04/04 02:21 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi honey!
I am so sorry you are having crappy day - especially on the 4th of July! Okay, not a big deal for me as I'm Canadian, but I still understand there's a lot of.. hoopla (I am inserting amusing words in hopes of making you feel better. Hoopla is a good one. Say it out loud. It'll make you smile at least. *ahem* Moving on...) around it.
I don't blame you for feeling upset and frustrated, I think we have all been there. And you know the worst part, the more times it happens, it stills feels crappy. Like, other people have actually said to me, "Well, you're sick all the time.. you should be used to it" which infuriates me because you don't get used to being sick!! Whoops, little tangent there.. Right, so I hope you are feeling at least less stressed about it now. There is nothing worse than feeling sick AND anxious.. well, I guess PMS is pretty bad.. and you've got that, too! Poor you! If I were you, I would treat myself to lotsa heating pad treatments and hot baths. And foot rubs by the boyfriend!
I feel for you with the nausea, I can't even function when I get really nauseous. It makes me really wobbly and like I am afraid to do anything for fear of basically falling over. It's onna those feelings that just makes me wanna groan and slump in my chair... but I can't do that at work, so I just go off to the loo every so often and let cold water run over my wrists.. seems to help, dunno why.
As for your appointment, I say don't worry about it and just go and see what happens. It can't actually do you any harm, and you might get something good out of it. Question, though: You said you weren't seeing a doctor, so what are you seeing? Sorry, if you've said before or if I am just being really dense...

I really do feel for you, but the worst thing is to let yourself get defeated so try and keep something positive in your head. I used to do the exact same thing you described, have a few good days and get all excited and then spend the next day, crying on the potty. Do you know what my positive thing used to be? This is really lame... When I was feeling sick at work, I used to think, "Well, at least this stomach ache is giving me something to think about and the work doesn't seem so bad.. Imagine how bored I would be if I was just sitting here, feeling fine.. with nothing to do.." Isn't that ridiculous? I was really grasping at straws then..
Chin up, Charlie (my friend always used to say that to me, I dunno why...)
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Aww, Steph! new
      #86227 - 07/04/04 03:40 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You're right - hoopla is a funny word. And yes, I smiled, dammit! Heh. Thanks for all the kind words... I'm not quite as sick and frustrated as this morning, but the cheering up definitely helps.

My appointment this Thursday is with some sort of director at a community mental health facility. I have no idea whatsoever what the appointment itself is going to involve, but from what little was said about it, I think it's basically just an interview. They're going to review my finances (nonexistent!) and see what services I'm eligible for, if any. There's a chance I might be able to get into a state healthcare program, which would tickle me to no end. That would mean I can finally make an appointment with a doctor!

If I don't get into the program... I keep waiting. (And if I get really desperate, I start pressuring the boyfriend to marry me so I'll have insurance... just kidding!!)

Anyway, thank you for always being such a sweetie when I get whiny... *hugs!*

New to this new
      #86230 - 07/04/04 04:18 PM
teethcleaner

Reged: 07/04/04
Loc: California

Hi,
I'm new to this board I'm starting the IBS diet and I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on the fiber supplements what you like and stuff like that. I tried to do the "what to eat if you can't eat anything" diet but I got dizzy and REALLY hungry I need protein that just doesn't work for me! My tummy hates everything! I'm sure you guys have lots of advice Thanks

Welcome Teethcleaner! new
      #86232 - 07/04/04 04:24 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

So glad you found us! As a whole I believe most people on the board really like Heather's Acacia which is only sold through this website. There is also a post about dosages, etc at the top of the Eating for IBS board.
There are lots of ideas for getting protein - browse the diet page, the recipe page, or do a search with no time limits under "Search." Some also use protein powder, if the ingredients are tolerable.
Luckily for many chicken, and even tuna are OK, and they are both good sources of protein.
Are you a C person or D? (Constipation or Diarrhea). There is also A - alternating.
Anyway, glad to have you hear - this site is filled with caring, supportive, understanding, helpful people. They are all amazing!

p.s - are you by any chance a dental hygienist???? "teethcleaner.."

Re: Welcome Teethcleaner! new
      #86236 - 07/04/04 04:34 PM
teethcleaner

Reged: 07/04/04
Loc: California

Why yes I am a dental hygienist..well student I will be a dental hygienist next year I can't wait! But anyways thanks for the advice and for welcoming me I am a D person for the most part with some A I've been having a really tough time the past few weeks, with D, and I've been losing weight and can't eat anything so I found this website and decided to try it and see if it helps! I love that puppy picture! Thanks again!

Re: Well, ok... (explaining more) new
      #86239 - 07/04/04 04:49 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Casey, I so sympathize with you about the nausea. Its my worse symptom (not that I can really complain because so many of you guys have ibs much worse that i do).

The nausea is always the thing I worry about when Im going out or going away - which only seems to make it worse!!

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I know how that feels!! Hope youre feeling better

Re: Just rambling... feeling sorry for myself. new
      #86427 - 07/05/04 10:59 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Casey:
Just wondering how you're feeling today. Any better? Did you try not taking the FiberChoice? I hope today was happier for you.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Actually... new
      #86429 - 07/05/04 11:12 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I had posted about it here this morning. I did take my FiberChoice, but I didn't eat one of the muffins. I feel a LOT better, no nausea, no D... but I'm still not 100%, I'm having a hard time wanting to eat today. If I still feel like this tomorrow, I'll try cutting out the FiberChoice too. But there's no doubt about it: there's something in those muffins I made that my body definitely doesn't like!

Awww... Casey! new
      #86554 - 07/05/04 06:02 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I know that this is a day late, but i hope you are feeling better! Just hang in there girlfriend. I know that the PMS can be tough, that is the only thing that triggers me off now that I am following the diet.
Atleast you have a definate thing to look forward to... your pms definately has to end sometime!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1823 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review