All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Hey Doe new
      #85217 - 07/01/04 07:02 AM
Saralou

Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: Maryland

Wow! I was reading my story in your lines! Funny...my IBS started a few months after I met my ex-beau and we also spent a night in the ER on a big night and I had a huge bout of anxiety attacks (another got me in the ER as well)...interesting that for the both of us, it all started shortly after meeting Mr. No longer right....
I am also always trying to find new ways to deal with IBS C and the pain. As I wrote in my earlier email, for us IBS Cers, it is very important to distinguish between soluble fiber, because in our case, not all are created equal in terms of bloating and being able to go. For myself, I try to stay away from white bread, white rice, pasta, white potato, etc. Luckily, once I stabilize, I am able to tolerate wheat/whole wheat bread (organic from Whole Foods), brown rice and I eat many sweet potatoes (organic definitely tastes better than regular) and carrots. I'll often eat a nice bit of that and follow with some cooked spinach, green beans, peas, etc. The white soluble fiber always causes me to develop this huge belly and not be able to have bms. I find that in order to go, I must eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but in a different order and quantity so as to not have pain.
I know what you are going through on both the IBS front and the dating/ex front...it does seem to be particularly difficult because it always seems, at least to me, as though I am bringing baggage along with myself and I don't care to drop this 'bomb' on anyone. But then I remind myself that I don't seem to meet a single person (male or female) who does not have some sort of chronic condition or who has not gone through a health-related experience/crisis. This is who we are...I hope to one day conquer IBS (still working on the stress/anxiety/worrying/low self-esteem and confidence...which, by the way, I think are the major causes of why IBS originates in the 1st place, or at least, why it sticks around and constantly haunts you). We have to believe that we are good enough, because we are, and that someone out there will be more than willing to accept us whole, with all our crazy eating restrictions and potty-mouths! :-) Have patience, hope and confidence and the rest will follow.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, strange question about bloating new
      #85218 - 07/01/04 07:05 AM
Saralou

I totally understand what you are saying! That's exactly what I'd like to do...you know there is something in there that wants to come out, but it just can't!

Re: I do this too! new
      #85221 - 07/01/04 07:07 AM
Saralou

Me too! So weird...and yet, it all makes sense...we're not so different after all, us humans!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23532

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review