All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Yup..me too! new
      #85075 - 06/30/04 02:25 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I was laughing when I read your post!! I do this tummy rub too! First I think I do it because it is there in front of me and so HUGE. Kind of like when someone is pregnant and you just want to rub their tummy. LOL! I do rub it when it hurts and did this before I had IBS when I was cramping (the monthly PMS). It helps with the pain a tad. My mom told me that when she brought me home from the hospital as a newborn that I didn't have a BM (I was constipated first thing into this world!) and my grandma would rub my tummy and it would help me go. She also made me onion tea (some herbal remedy or something) and it would help me if I was needing to pass gas. So even as a new born I was sick with this junk! The tummy rub does work! When I do it now, my tummy rumbles around and makes all kinds of noise.

--------------------
~Wookie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spinach new
      #85082 - 06/30/04 02:49 PM
nicky

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: Colorado

Hey Saralou, that's exactly what I was thinking!

--------------------
nicky

i wish i had help for you, but as a D i find myself useless in this situation. -nt- new
      #85106 - 06/30/04 03:35 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

It's quite alright. It's the thought that counts. LOL! -nt- new
      #85110 - 06/30/04 03:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Re: Ok, strange question about bloating new
      #85126 - 06/30/04 05:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I like my belly rubbed in large circles really lightly. I make my husband do it and (this is really embarrassing) he has a little song he sings "Bellies around the World". When I am bloated and well fart constipated I sort of get on all fours at first and then lean down on a pillow with my front half and stick my butt in the air. This actually works, but I haven't had to do it in a long time. Tummy tea and walking around are much better if it is day time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

use an exercise ball new
      #85159 - 06/30/04 08:05 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Hi,Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.
It's been good for me to see that others feel this way too. It is soo frustrating and painful and I too get very fed up w/the time wasted and the time spent so miserable.
I have a therapist who has me work on an exercise ball and it helps.First I stretch across it on my back and slowly lower my butt to the floor.After a few times of doing that then I get to lay on the ball on my tummy.It feels so good.It often helps me get things moving and relieves gas. Hope you are feeling better. Suzy

I'll have to try that. =----nt------ new
      #85197 - 07/01/04 05:49 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: I need a little advice from an IBS-C or A new
      #85201 - 07/01/04 06:09 AM
Janice B

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: New Jersey

Have you tried Colace? It's a stimulant-free stool softener. They sell it at most drug stores. I had the same issue after my doctor changed my medicine. It took about 2 days to work.

--------------------
Janice B

Colace... new
      #85203 - 07/01/04 06:13 AM
atomic rose

I have tried Colace. 95% of the time, it makes me go within 30 minutes (I kid you not!) and then I have diarrhea and cramping for several days afterwards. The rest of the time, it doesn't work at all. I think it's safe to say my system doesn't like it... LOL!
Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I just wanted to thank everyone again... new
      #85206 - 07/01/04 06:18 AM
atomic rose

...for all your excellent suggestions! Now I have some good ideas for how to at least try to prevent this from happening again. Thanks bunches... y'all are fabulous!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23532

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review