All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
It's all bad... new
      #84188 - 06/28/04 06:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The caffeine, the carbonation, and the artificial sweeteners... they all can cause problems.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It's all bad... new
      #84208 - 06/28/04 07:32 PM
ivy

Reged: 03/31/04

Thanks Casey - guess it was just wishful thinking that cutting out the caffeine would do the trick!

Re: Need to kick the Diet Coke habit new
      #84727 - 06/30/04 05:05 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I used to drink cokes and coffee all of the time. I gave up coke for a "lent like" reason which wasn't too bad. Giving up coffee was much worse. Anyway, I have had one coke three days in a row and I tell you I am through. I am bloated and gassy and miserable. I used to drink coke all of the time and never really noticed that that was the cause of my puffiness. Now that I know? NO MORE SODA's!

Re: Need to kick the Diet Coke habit new
      #84770 - 06/30/04 07:11 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

Hey everybody! I was queen of caff.free Pepsi and caff. free Mt Dew. I love my sodas. I've been drinking water and peppermint tea for about a month now. I do feel extemely better. Have a pepsi or a soda once in a blue moon. Don't completely kill yourself over it. My worst vice are Salem cigs. I know I will eventually quit , I've quit cold turkey when I had my children, now they are grown and I started again. Here's the real kicker my dad has lung cancer. I go to all his appt. with him. He quit 20 yrs ago. My Mother died from emphzema 7 yrs ago. All my friends and family say it is ok to drink alcohol but just don't smoke. So I can be an alcoholic but just don't smoke cigs. So quiting all of our bad habits can't be all that hard. We all make our own choices, crazy as they may be. But alcohol gives me IBS-d and food and cigs do ,too. Heather's advice on the souble fiber vs insouble fiber works better then any advice I've recieved. ( sorry I rambled so... )

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3861

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review