All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
For girls only.... :)
      #83491 - 06/26/04 12:19 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

For all of you that are completely stable and have been - do you still get D around that time of the month?? I have an awful week EVERY month, and I'm wondering if that's just something I'll have to live with? I am usually fine the rest of the month, occasionally I have some bad days, but it's absolutely the worst now (stupid period).
Also - did any of you see that commercial about some pill that lets you get your period only 3 times a year or something?!?! That would be AWESOME, but it seems weird, kind of like going against nature.

Anyways, just wondering how everyone else feels when it's that time of the month. I know IBS is worse at that time, but I'm wondering if I'll get D EVERY time I get my period, and feel like crap. Does anyone have normal BM, and just cramps?

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For girls only.... :) new
      #83506 - 06/26/04 01:39 PM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

My IBS-D is usually bad around the old period time. It's just our crazy hormones. Stomach tends to churn alot more .

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

#83507 - 06/26/04 01:45 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

It has been some years now since I had a period (menopause) but I do remember having "D" and nausea the first couple of days.
My sister also had "D". Sucks, doesn't it??? I don't mind saying that I am glad that is all over for me.

Barbie

--------------------

#83512 - 06/26/04 02:09 PM
howiesbuttercup

Reged: 08/20/03

I don't know how I do it, but I get C on the first day and then D on the second day and then it all straightens out. It's like clockwork, I can count on it happening every month.

And yes, you can take b/c pills that make you have your period only 3 or 4 times a year. According to the drs, it really isn't going against nature, they say its safe. The only reason you have a period is to get pregnant and if you aren't planning on that, why have it so often? If you're interested, ask your dr about it. It isn't widely known about yet and the medical journals are starting to report on it too. I'm not sure of all the studies yet but I think the prelim reports are showing that its safe. And if you get the periods from he$$, I would certainly look into it.

Shari

#83514 - 06/26/04 02:28 PM
Cara4503

Thank you! We actually are trying, and have been trying to get pregnant right now - but I was thinking about after we have a baby, what birth control to go back on. So I will definately look into that. If it is completely safe, I don't see why everyone doesn't try it if they aren't trying to get pregnant!

--------------------
~Cara~

#83515 - 06/26/04 02:30 PM
Cara4503

Lucky! LoL. Actually my mom is going through menopause right now, and has been for some time...and it's been REALLY bad for her. I feel so awful everytime she tells me about it! She's just had a really rough time. So thank God you're done!

--------------------
~Cara~

#83574 - 06/26/04 04:51 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Cara, I'm pretty sure there's a post in the library about this, but you probably know that. To try to answer your specific question, first, obviously we'll always be more prone to D at that time of month and have to be extra careful about what we eat, but I for one am stable enough that I haven't had a D attack in 5 1/2 months, even during my periods, not even cramps. When I feel a little iffy I pop an Imodium and that seems to take care of it.

Also I just saw an ad in a magazine about that BC pill with only four periods a year so I know it's available. From what I've read you don't even have to have the four periods. If your doctor says it's okay, you can just keep taking it every day and never have a period. They've been doing it for some women with certain medical problems for years apparently with no bad effects.

So anyway, no, you don't have to resign yourself to D every period. I'm living proof!! Hope this helps.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#83612 - 06/26/04 06:40 PM
Cara4503

Uggh. I wish I hadn't had D for 5 months. I am having an AWFUL night. I feel so crappy. I ate dinner and then had a major attack. Now I just want to lay here and do nothing because my stomach is all shaky, and well - you know that feeling. I hardly ever see my husband in the summer because he works SO much, and now he's home and I feel like crap!
I get so depressed about this IBS.
Thanks for your post LS.

--------------------
~Cara~

I stay stable -- and only cramp a little - no D (and I am IBS-D) nt. new
      #83618 - 06/26/04 07:17 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I should add that adding the fiber is what made the big difference for me nt new
      #83619 - 06/26/04 07:18 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review