Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Funny Story!!
      #82040 - 06/22/04 02:58 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi
I went to my doctor yesterday who I've been going to for about 8 years. Now I didn't see him but I saw the nurse practitioner. Well when I was there I asked for my records because I want a second opinion (which I'm entitled too)
So he calls me today wanting to know what physician I'm going to see and how he "Doesn't have a problem with that" BULL!! Why else would he call me????Sometimes I just get a kick out of how full of themselves these doctors are. I've been seeing him for 8 years and all he would give me is Levsin for spasms then he was treating me for colitis now he says I don't have colitis so I think it's time to move on! I'm just afraid he's going to call this other physician and tell him I'm crazy because when I don't "respond" to the medication that he gives me then it's in my head! Don't you love it! I just thought this whole thing was quite funny!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Funny Story!! new
      #82044 - 06/22/04 03:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Too funny that he actually called you! You didn't tell him the name of the doctor you'll be going to, did you? I'd have told him it was none of his business, honestly.

#82055 - 06/22/04 04:52 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi Casey
Unfortunately I did tell him the name of the doctor. He'll probably call him and tell him that I'm a nut! OH WELL! I just hope I get an honest second opinion and not one that has been influenced by my other GI doctor. I'm not going until Aug. I'll let you know!

#82057 - 06/22/04 05:31 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

Your doc is the one who is nuts I don't think he will say anything to jeopardize your visit with the new doc. He's probably just mad because he's losing an awesome lady as a patient!! His loss

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

#82104 - 06/22/04 08:39 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

It's not a funny story. It is too sad and true about medical care in the U.S. The main reason I stay with my general practitioner (besides his awesome nurse practitioner) is he encourages second opinions if I am unsure about anything. He disappointed me with the IBS. I was seeing him, a gastro, and a nerologist for 3 years about the "pain" in my abdomin. They kept taking chest x-rays and all kinds of scans and stuff of my gi system. It wasn't until I was in the hospital again for severe constipation that an interin in passing, said, has anyone talked to you about IBS. I picked up that ball and haven't stopped since. I do all the research and all the checking and tell them what I think and how I want to proceed. My insurance didn't want to cover a CA-125 but I made the calls and got it approved. Take control of your own health. YOU are the one who cares about it the most! Good luck with your second opinion.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#82407 - 06/23/04 12:12 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode like that? With Elaine?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Seinfeld episode new
      #82409 - 06/23/04 12:19 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Right! She wanted to see her medical records, and the doctor wouldn't let her, so she was sure they said she was batty or something.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Seinfeld new
      #82450 - 06/23/04 02:17 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Yes that was the one when Elaine ended up at a vets office for treatment because her file had a note about being a "troublemaker". That is one of my favorites because Jerry's Uncle is with her because he singed his eyebrows off and Elaine sharpy markers them back on in an angry look!!

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review