All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hey, need opinion
      #81783 - 06/22/04 04:55 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Ok....I've been doing great on the benefiber and it's helping my IBS, but...I did a stupid thing, Last Tuesday my sugar dropped really bad and I grabbed the first thing I saw ORANGE JUICE well I never drink it cause I always get stomach upset, we keep it for our son. I always remember my grandma drinking it for her sugar...anyway....it was even low acid kind...I drank it and ate food and it helped my low blood sugar...then I got a little heartburn that evening but we ate pizza for supper, usually ok with that just so it isn't too greasy and I dont eat too much.....well dummy me then preceded to eat it for breakfast the next morning and then a bowl of Bryers Lactose free ice cream (FOR BREAKFAST) what was I thinking?...anyway then that night I had spaghetti, and the next day for lunch...well needless to say I've had indigestion that wont go away for 5 days now...I do get it every once in a while but I should've known better!!!! I've been under soooooooo much stress with building this house, and everything that could go wrong...Has!!! and I've not been eating like a good girl...now it's my upper tummy that's messed up...
I posted earlier about H pylori but I think it's my diet lately....PLEASE any suggestions would be graciously appreciated....I have been drinking some ginger tea to help with the nausea.

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

oh no! new
      #81796 - 06/22/04 05:25 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

sorry, i don't have tons of experience with upper GI stuff.

sadly, i do have experience with eating what i shouldn't when i'm stressed, which is what it sounds like you're doing! that and "getting away with" eating one wrong thing, then following it with another. and another. er.... what are we thinking!?

try to take walks or do other things that calm you down and ease the stress. try some yoga moves! anything that helps ease the stress may stop your cycle of eating bad stuff and that will definitely help the indegestion stuff. as for "quick fixes" as i said, this isn't something i experience, so i have no advice. i'm sure someone will chime in soon.

hang in there. feel better soon!

--------------------

Jen new
      #81802 - 06/22/04 06:01 AM
nurturingkneads

How do you get those picture in there

--------------------
Gretchen

Re: Hey, need opinion new
      #81804 - 06/22/04 06:07 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Gretchen,

Sorry about your tummy. We all make the same mistakes. Have you ever tried Pepcid Complete (it's a chewable antacid about the size of a tums). Before I was given a prescription for GERD I used to take it and it really helped me out.

Hope you feel better.

Barbara

Re: Jen new
      #81851 - 06/22/04 08:15 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

hey....well I'm not Jen (i'm Caryn)...but anyway. to put a picture in your signature you just go to my home and under MAIN CONFIGURATION and PERSONAL INFORMATION, E-MAIL, PASSWORD click on "edit"
Somewhere around the middle of the page it says "signature"
You just have to copy and paste the URL of the image into the box! Voila!

If you want an image in a POST though, you just click on Image under "Instant UBB Code" which is right beside the smiley faces and choices of font colour.

Does that help?

#81892 - 06/22/04 09:49 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah I can relate to the blood sugar orange juice thing, but I can REALLY relate to pizza for breakfast!!! I thought I was the only one that did that! Cold, right out of the refrigerator, right??!! Yeah, we're bad.

Okay, suggestions, first one dose of PeptoBismol for the nausea, then Maalox or another antacid to settle your stomach a little. Take it according to the instructions on the bottle until you no longer have heartburn or pain or indigestion. Pepcid AC like Barbara from Brooklyn (Hi, Ms. NYC!!) suggested is also a good idea.

Next bland diet for at least three days. That means Heather's What to eat when you can't eat anything list. And no cheating for those whole three days, okay??

Let's see what else. Heating pad on the tummy. Warm baths. A 20 minute "power nap" to help deal with the stress. Walking or other exercise to help with the stress. And finally, venting here A LOT to help with the stress!!

How's that, sweetie??!! Feel better soon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

oops--- Caryn, you missed a step. new
      #81896 - 06/22/04 09:56 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

in the Signature box, you have to type this around your image: [image] [/image]

so, it will say:

[image] http://www.blahblahblah.com/blahblahblah.whatever [/image]

got it?

--------------------

whoopsy! what would I do without ya Jen? :) new
      #81905 - 06/22/04 10:22 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

#82150 - 06/23/04 04:56 AM
nurturingkneads

Tummy is feeling a little better, I LOVE ginger for it....

--------------------
Gretchen

#82550 - 06/23/04 06:34 PM
nurturingkneads

now having some IBS symptoms...I think it is stress
I will elaborate tomorrow its getting late

--------------------
Gretchen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1972 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1131

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review