All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Hi, Joan!!! -nt- new
      #81341 - 06/20/04 07:21 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

I'm glad your IBs is stable. Mine was stable for about 5 monthes as well but is now acting up again. I feel for you on the migraines-I hate them! I get them every single month and just know they are coming! Seems like us IBSers have really sensitive systems.
Stay strong.
Joan

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: joan marie - RKT's = Rice Krispie Treats (they're on the recipe index!) new
      #81342 - 06/20/04 07:24 PM
joanmarie

That's the recipe I have. Thanks for all your info. You've been a lot of help today.
Joan

no prob joan :) -nt- new
      #81344 - 06/20/04 07:26 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Re: no prob joan :) -nt- new
      #81345 - 06/20/04 07:28 PM
joanmarie

I forgot to tell you I LOVE the puppies!

hehe thanks they r cute arent they! :) -nt- new
      #81346 - 06/20/04 07:35 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Re: Dunno what to think new
      #81347 - 06/20/04 07:38 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

STEPH WE ALL CHEAT IN SOMETHINGS WE EAT. WE ALL HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER THIS WEEK. JASPER

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: For gigi re: the age thing new
      #81383 - 06/20/04 10:24 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGSFORSUCHASWEETIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for the sweetest, kindest words Steph!! I look forward to reading your posts also, I think so much of you right now. You have a new job, you are trying so hard to overcome such obtacles at times! Do not give up, you have come a long way, and I am sooooooo proud of you! Someday you will have friends who care so much about you, they will suggest to stay at home and cook you safe foods!! I am that lucky, it is the greatest thing, it really shows thier love for you. Right now, with your age, your friends are young too and sometimes it is just too much for them to take the time to bother. It won't happen until they start having family members suffer from their own ailments, sometimes that can wake people up to the things that are going on around them. It will happen, and you know, the day is going to come when you can sit down and enjoy some of the foods, not all of them, but some of them. I have come that far, and I owe alot of it to the sweet, sweet people on this board.

Take care and good luck at work this week, I want to hear all about it. I just love you, wish I could give you a hug!!

gayla

Yes it is common, and Welcome ! new
      #81384 - 06/20/04 10:29 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I understand not wanting to leave the house, are you on Heathers diet? If you dont have her book, I do suggest it, it helped me, I had a huge change the first week into the diet! I am a believer.

On the Bentyl, maybe you haven't taken it long enough to answer, how do like it? Are you having any side effects?
I am thinking of switching to it, let me know what you think of it. gayla

Steph- new
      #81413 - 06/21/04 05:47 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

you poor sweetie. i haven't read this whole thread, but please don't beat yourself up about cheating! we all do it and have done it. sometimes we get a little agressive with each other because we're trying to save each other from suffering, but we also all understand that sometimes you fall off the wagon.

it's my belief that it's normal, natural and important to fall off the wagon. important??? yes. here's why: i think if you're following a plan of some sort you need to reinforce the importance and efficacy of the plan sometimes. let me explain- for a while, i cheated on this diet (for months!) because i wasn't ready to accept that i needed to change the way i eat forever. then i started following it 'cause i was so miserable- there was no way i could live like i had been. i know you know where i'm coming from there! but even though it was working great, there was a part of me that wasn't totally 100% up with the program. i was telling myself deep down that one day i could eat whatever i wanted and that maybe the diet had nothing to do with it- maybe i was just better! so, when you start feeling better and you're telling yourself stuff like that, even subconsciously, and you find that you can get away with a little cheat here and there, it's normal to cheat a little more. then a little more. 'til you're doing nothing "right!" and maybe you can even go a little way like that.... no symptoms or tolerable symptoms. well, then you start to think "well, see!? it was me getting better! i don't need that diet! maybe i used to, but now i don't!"

then you get sick.

but while you beat yourself up about it, you have the great "upside" of knowing that yes, the diet works when you follow it.

so this is actually the world's most excellent opportunity for you! now you know that despite what your doctor said, the diet helps you! isn't that great news!?

so don't feel guilty. and don't worry- we all love you. sometimes we use "tough love" but it's still love!

SMOOCHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! and big huge hugs.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31528

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review