Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Jrrachel - so proud of you! new
      #8122 - 05/02/03 02:09 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Beth,
I too wish you all the best with the medication. I dont blame you for not wanting medication, because people can highly dependent on them. FOr instance, my mother is absolutely addicted to tyenlol. Whenever she has a stomach ache, headache, backache, or whatever kindof ache, she just takes a tyelol, and when she runs out.... well watch out! lol. Anyway, I dont want be on any med eathier, but my med has really helped me and although i dont want to be on it forever, im really glad i have it for the time being.
I wish you all the best

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jrrachel - so proud of you! new
      #8152 - 05/02/03 11:48 AM
Sue48

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: The Sunflower State: Kansas

Beth,
I, too, am proud of you. The first step is admitting something is not right, then the next steps are easier. In fact, though I don't know any of you, I am proud of all of you to face your depression and to get help. This kind of illness is one of the hardest to face.
Situational depression could definitely be a factor, but, I suspect, the illness can still cause a chemical imbalance.
This second generation of depression medications works faster with less side effects.
I, too, wish you the best.

--------------------
Sue

Re: Beth new
      #8167 - 05/02/03 04:58 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Beth,
Im not sure if you saw the other threads about look alikes, but well I saw you! lol. Theres this girl in my history class who looks exactly like you (from your picture) And her name, beleive it or not, is Rachel! lol.I think I mightve scared her because Ikept on staring at her thinking if i didnt know any better Id call her Beth! Someone on the board said every one has a twin- I guess yours is in my history class!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Beth new
      #8174 - 05/02/03 07:16 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

haha. that's funny. maybe she really is my twin!! although i already have one... so i guess that would make us triplets ;-)

beth

Re: Jrrachel - you go girl! new
      #8181 - 05/03/03 05:59 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wow. You have taken some really big steps! Congrats! Remember, the med thing is a decision that only YOU can make. I decided to take the meds although I hated the idea of it. My OCD is definitely due to a chemical imbalance, and it is recommended that meds AND therapy are the most effective treatment. Sometimes, in this life we have to take things to help us even though we don't like them. Therapy though is a wonderful alternative and you may have more success there. It looks like Sue48 is full of information on all this - and I think she's right. Depression is just like diabetes or heart disease. What if you had to take insulin? You'd hate it... but there isn't really a choice with that, right?
Anyway, hang in there, and do what's right for YOU. That's what's important. Hugs. Let us know how you are doing.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2418

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review