All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Stomach problems back up again
      #78677 - 06/13/04 05:30 PM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

I had been feeling flawless for about 3 months tomorow at the end of the school year and a couple weeks into the summer and then, BOOM im getting sick every day...... i have a really bad stomach ache with a lot of diarreah.... it may not be my ibs acting up, but its been happening every day so far and i feel like crap, cant sit up, dont feel like eating.... its really hurting and i got 7 days before my vacation trip, and im worried im not gonna be able to go.... ive been eating yogurt in the morning since it started because i know that yogurt helps with diarreah, and ive been taking my fiber and eating good for me..... if there is anything i can do quick, i really need to know because i dont want to have to miss my vacation AGAIN....

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Edited by pcgeek43505 (06/13/04 06:23 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stomach problems back up again new
      #78693 - 06/13/04 05:53 PM
pcgeek43505

buuummppppp

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

#78698 - 06/13/04 06:01 PM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

If you are anything like me, the stress of worrying about feeling well on vacation is enough to kick mine back into gear. I'm on prescription med. that helps calm my nervous system and intestinal tract. If I weren't and I were you, I'd be taking Immodium. I used to live off of it before I went to the Gastro dr. You are lucky with D that you can eat yogurt. I can't tolerate dairy, including yogurt. I'd suggest rice, applesauce, toast, really really bland foods. I'm sure others on this site have some great advice. I'm a librarian in a high school and we've had a lot of end-of-year activities (graduation, retirement parties, etc.) Just the excitement of these events was enough to start mine up a bit.

#78707 - 06/13/04 06:32 PM
pcgeek43505

well, immodium is like my worst enemy..... i used to take it when i went on vacations, and the next day, i thought i was dieing....... it does to me like what im having trouble with right now, but it was a lot more intense

--------------------

Edited by pcgeek43505 (06/13/04 07:02 PM)

#78713 - 06/13/04 06:39 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yogurt's good for D is it? I never heard that one.... I REALLY wouldn't do that, if I were you.

You said Immodium gives you these symptoms - surely not D? What dose did you take before?

What are you eating apart from the yogurt? I'd go for only soluble fibre foods.

#78720 - 06/13/04 06:46 PM
pcgeek43505

that is what i have read in a book, and also my school nurse told me..... when i started a while back, i was amazed at how much better i felt, but now its not really helping..... is there anything i can do quick, because i really dont want to miss my vacation this year!!

--------------------

Yogurt new
      #78729 - 06/13/04 07:06 PM
Linz

Well, stop eating yogurt! It's almost certainly making you worse. The reason you were probably told it's good for you is actually probiotics, which you can get in dairy-free capsule form from health food stores.

Follow Heather's "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet. That should help.

Are you on a SFS?

Re: Yogurt new
      #78746 - 06/13/04 07:35 PM
pcgeek43505

i dont know, when i tried the yogurt near the beggining of this year, it helped a lot..... may have just been in my head that it was helping, but i did feel better when i ate a thing of it.... i dont know now.... im worried a lot that im gonna miss the trip AGAIN.... this happened to me a couple times before, and was the worst thing in my life cause my sister comes back telling me how much fun it was..... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME I DONT WANNA MISS IT

--------------------

#78759 - 06/13/04 07:54 PM
pcgeek43505

i dont know, im just having so much trouble, last year i had no problem going, but the year befoer that i could not even sit up when i woke up, so i ended up in bed at home alone..... i really wish i didnt get like this, its happening again AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.... im upset cause nothing i do is helping, im taking my fiber, i was eating yogurt, but it wasnt helping like it used to, and because linz told me to so i am stopping now, and now i have nothing left..... i had been perfect for 3 months, why does it have to come back and haunt me now..... just one week before vacation.... I HATE THIS, looks like i may be missing another vacation, especially if im not better..... GRRR

--------------------

#78762 - 06/13/04 07:56 PM
Linz

What medications are you on?

Are you on a SFS?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1053 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review