All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Stomach problems back up again new
      #78831 - 06/14/04 01:09 AM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

The very first thing that you need to do is de-stress. Try very hard to stay calm. Get rid of the yogurt. No soda,no candy,no coffee. Drink alot of hot strong peppermint tea. Try eating plain white rice and fresh baked french bread. Follow the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" list from the books. Stick with the fiber supplement till you get back from your trip. I highly recommend getting Heathers fiber,peppermint tablets, and peppermint tea as soon as possible. These items work better for me than anything off the shelf.
Is it hot or humid where you live? Summer is always worse for me than any other time of year. Stay as cool as possible. This may sound odd, but it really does help. You also need to stay hydrated, drink plenty of fluids.
I hope this helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pain killers new
      #78854 - 06/14/04 06:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Think so...is that like the Vicodin you have? I take Co-codamol which is paracetamol and codeine. Helps me loads with the pain and cramps of an attack.

probiotics and soy yogurt... new
      #78856 - 06/14/04 06:30 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

...are good alternatives to milk-derived yogurt.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: Stomach problems back up again new
      #78860 - 06/14/04 06:52 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

It seems like if the yogurt didn't bother you before it is strange that it would be the problem now. Unless, you switched brands or flavors that has something different in it.

Also, be sure nothing you take like vitamins, gum, mints,etc has sorbitol/mannitol in it. That is a big IBS trigger.

Take Immodium for the diarrhea. It really helps me.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Pain killers new
      #78942 - 06/14/04 11:31 AM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

its not vicodin.... its stronger than vicodin i think. but i will try one, i just hope i get better..... one thing i have noticed and im stopping now is that i have started eating swiss cheese a lot, i never really thought of that and i have noticed sincei started eating it, thats around when i got sick..... so im gonna stop with the swiss, thanks linz

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review