All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Stomach problems back up again new
      #78764 - 06/13/04 07:58 PM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

im taking no medications because the ones i was taking.... (pills that i slip under my tongue that tasted like the nastiest peppermint you ever tasted) never helped, and i got put on strong doses of those.... and never helped..... since then, my gastro doctor told me just to cut out everything on a list and it should help, i did cut them out and felt really good for for 3 months up until now..... i dont know what to do, i even cut foods out that are on heathers list along with the list the doctor gave me..... i dont know what to do.......

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#78770 - 06/13/04 08:02 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Did you have ALL the tests? Stool sample, blood test, colonoscopy...? Your doctor sounds useless. There are loads of meds to help with IBS and everyone reacts differently to them, so most people have to try lots of different meds to find out what works for them.

Are you taking a soluble fibre supplement? What was your problem with Immodium?

#78772 - 06/13/04 08:06 PM
pcgeek43505

i had everything.... like i said, the diet did work wonders for 3 months..... my doc also says (dont know if its true) that she has IBS..... if she did, she wouldnt be so mean to me is what i think..... i have been to her 2 times and she wont give me any meds, she said thats a last resort...... im taking citrucel 2 times a day..... my immodium problem was it would stop me up for 2-3 days and on the last day it stopped working, i would be so bad that i couldnt sit or stand up and would be in the restroom for a long time and it wouldnt be worth all the pain for just three days of no pain..... i have never taking immodium ever since.....

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

#78774 - 06/13/04 08:07 PM
Linz

I'd try a different SFS when you've got time. Acacia is a lot gentler.

What dose of Immodium did you take that time?

#78775 - 06/13/04 08:10 PM
pcgeek43505

i took only 1 tablet... and i was thinking about acacia.... but i need a quick fix or i miss vacation and sit at home alone...... is there something that could possible work for a couple of weeks so i can have a good time...?

--------------------

Travelling new
      #78785 - 06/13/04 08:23 PM
Linz

Well, all I can think of that doesn't require going to the doctor, etc is...

ONLY eat soluble fibre foods - including when you are away.

Drink Peppermint and Chamomile insanely and take tea bags on holiday with you and brew some at every possible opportunity.

Take a painkiller with codeine in it - it helps with the spasms.

Good luck!

Re: Travelling new
      #78787 - 06/13/04 08:25 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Have you tried Equalactin?

#78788 - 06/13/04 08:26 PM
pcgeek43505

are you talking about something like percocet.... that type of pain killer?..... bad thing about it is it makes me very sleepy and i may have to be driving, but if i can get my mom to drive the whole way, HECK YEA ill take one if it helps.... i got some that i didnt take (i took like one or two) for when i flipped my dirtbike and broke my collarbone..... i dont know why, but i think my ibs hurt 1000000000000 times more than it did.....

--------------------

#78790 - 06/13/04 08:29 PM
pcgeek43505

i did try equalactin and it helped for the first couple of days, then just stopped..... i also didnt like the texture, but i would rather deal with it than to deal with IBS..... yes a did try it, but it didnt really help much.....

--------------------

#78815 - 06/13/04 10:05 PM
pcgeek43505

bump

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4154

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review