All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What is up with Subway?
      #78506 - 06/13/04 06:29 AM
ctownibs

Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I was on a roadtrip from Houston Texas to Louisiana, six hours with my boyfriend, and I was doing great until we stopped for Subway. I figured I would do everything right there- white bread, turkey, no cheese, lettuce and a honey mustard. Now, I realize lettuce and the honey in mustard are triggers, but normally I can handle a little more. Yet I got sick. Was it because I was so scared that I would get sick and the stress triggered it, or was it because of something else? Thanks for the help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is up with Subway? new
      #78509 - 06/13/04 07:04 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi,

I wonder the same thing sometimes... although at other times I think that I can scare myself out of having an attack if I think about it enough.. this is tricky business.

As for subway, I usually eat turkey, with lett, green peppers, honey mustard with pickles everytime i eat there, and i'm fine. BUT-- there are always the select few UNEXPLAINABLE times when anything and everything makes me sick. its not fun trying to figure it all out.

--------------------

#78515 - 06/13/04 07:42 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Subway is now the only restauraunt that I can go to in my town. I'll usually get the roasted chicken breast with a tiny bit of lettuce, green pepper, cucumbers and salt and pepper. no sauce. I have a store bought honey mustard sauce as well as soy based mayonaise that I'll put on the sandwich once I get home. I once had an attack an evening after eating subway (not 100% sure it was from the sub though) and that day I had had the sweet onion chicken terriayki with the sweet onion sauce. So needless to say, I haven't had that one since.

Have you checked out Subway's ingredient list for people with food allergies ? I'm not sure what honey mustard sauce you had, but the non-atkin's friendly one has eggs in it and I know for me, eggs are a horrible trigger. As well, lots of vegetables without a lot of soluble fiber can be a problem too.

#78518 - 06/13/04 08:09 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Could it be the turkey breast lunch meat? I usually get the roasted chicken breast (whole breast) on white with a little mayo. It usually agrees with me.

Barbie

--------------------

#78525 - 06/13/04 08:22 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I'm going to second the notion that it was probably the lunch meat that did you in. Like it seems everyone else, I always get the whole breast and have never knowingly had a problem with it.

#78541 - 06/13/04 09:01 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I have the turkey breast lunch meat on either white or roasted garlic w/little lettuce, easy mustard (regular), 3 pickles, no cheese, salt 5 days a week for lunch and have NO problems.

It may have been something you had for breakfast or maybe even dinner the night before.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#78555 - 06/13/04 10:32 AM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

I eat there a lot too, but sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesn't. I also always get turkey, no cheese, lettuce, and tomato (which might not be a good idea). Sometimes I think the lettuce gives me gas, like you, I can never pinpoint the problem. I never knew that the lunchmeat issue could be a problem. Thanks to everyone who suggested that. I always thought I was safe with any kind of turkey (except smoked really bothers me). I found that I can eat turkey wrap from Sheetz (if this chain is around your area) and it agrees with me, but again, it is lunchmeat.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review