All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: SFS, etc new
      #78384 - 06/12/04 07:48 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yes, do the therapist thing! I go to a therapist now, and he's wonderful. He's trying to help me with anxiety, but he's also so concerned about IBS, and he doesnt blow it off. It's just nice to have someone to talk to that WANTS to understand you, and wants to help.

My therapist looks like Willy Nelson, totally freaked me out at first because this biker in all leather with gray hair down to his waist and a bandana comes in....lol. He is awesome - nicest guy. Kinda like at my job (that I just quit) - I worked outside a lot of the time with construction workers - the guys everyone says look scary and swear all the time... but ya know what? Some of those construction workers are the nicest guys I have EVER met. Heck I married one. HA. I have definately learned that you can't just anyone by looks at ALL! Ok I got off on a tangent. I do that a lot in my head, but this time I wrote it out.

Good luck. Feel better. We are leaving for the rest of the weekend soon - hopefully it's a good weekend...
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Periods have a lot to do with it new
      #78404 - 06/12/04 10:17 AM

Unregistered

You would not believe how sick I would get in the past from a period.

I was at the gyno and they even had a pamphlet about bad periods and it said that IBS is a trigger because the hormone effect IBS.

Acacia new
      #78598 - 06/13/04 01:38 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Although the Acacia seems expensive, you get so much in one bag, it's not really. I know you need the money to start with though!

Re: I have no idea how you folks do it (venting, long) new
      #78754 - 06/13/04 07:43 PM
ctownibs

Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Not that this will help your situation, and I am sorry to not have the miracle drug, but I can completely empathize with you and I am touched by your story- so much like the one I experienced on my recent trip to Texas to visit with my boyfriend (who is in the navy in japan so we only see each other but every three months) and to meet his parents for the first time. I got sick about three-four times on the ten day trip, and one morning I awoke in bed, crying my eyes out. Even though my boyfriend is very supportive, I honestly just wanted to die because I cannot bear to live life with this sort of ridiculous disorder. Not that I would ever do anything to harm myself, but I am a perfectly healthy 21 year old and it's just not fair that I live my life in fear because of IBS. I just wanted to share with your story and I thank you for posting it.

Finding life very hard new
      #78757 - 06/13/04 07:52 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you are finding life very hard and feel that your IBS is wrecking your life, then an anti-depressant med is likely to help you. IBS is linked to problems with your body processing serotonin, so anti-depressants are often prescribed for IBSers even if they're not depressed. If you are, then you could help two conditions with one drug!

I'm on an SSRI and it's really, really helped me AND my IBS.

I don't think I've welcomed you yet, so... new
      #78761 - 06/13/04 07:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome to the boards. I'm sorry you have to deal with this too, but at the same time, it's nice to meet you and good to have the "company" of people who understand, isn't it?

I don't really have anything helpful to add, either, except to thank you for sharing your story, and for empathizing. It does help to know we're not alone. Here's hoping things only get better from here.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2858 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review