All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Oh yeah... new
      #78145 - 06/11/04 08:31 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I had a bad stomach week last week mostly due to the flu I had. Then I just couldn't get my stomach back on track. It was hard to eat even when I was hungry. I think my stomach shrunk a little and I could only eat small amounts at time. I seem to always feel better with food in me and I never feel good not eating for more than a few hours or so. If I'm at home and close to a bathroom I try to eat the safe foods if I can. Even if it's just small amounts, then I take Immodium if I really need it.

I do hope you feel better and know that you are not alone if your feelings of desperation and frustration and we all go thru it especially when you feel like you can't do anything right to make yourself feel better. Then I just eventually get back on track and my spirits are lifted and I can live my life normally again (until the next attack or the next stomach flu). It's a vicious cycle!

Take care,
Debby

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

The books new
      #78149 - 06/11/04 08:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Although I love having Heather's books, so much of the stuff is on this site that you could cope without them (Heather really does want to help people!). When you've got time, print out and read all her pages on IBS and the diet - it explains a lot.

Can the bf make smoothies? That just requires destructing some fruit! Boys are usually good at messy stuff

Meals and SFSs new
      #78150 - 06/11/04 08:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Not eating full meals is actually GOOD for IBS. The best way to get your food with IBS is lots and lots of tiny snacks! So, that's fine!

Acacia dissolves completely and is tasteless (practically), so you can put it in ANYTHING. It's also gentler on most people's tummies.

Re: The books new
      #78167 - 06/11/04 09:05 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Yep, I agree with Linz, I haven't got the books (university student here ) but I've still learned valuble info just through the site and messageboard alone. And those with the books would be more than willing to answer any additional questions, I'm sure

I think... new
      #78172 - 06/11/04 09:20 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've read the entire site twice through, but I have a head like a sieve, so I'm betting you're right - printing it out and having it handy might be the most helpful thing for me right now. I don't know why I haven't thought to do that sooner. I swear, IBS is rotting my brain.

Re: Meals and SFSs new
      #78173 - 06/11/04 09:29 AM
atomic rose

I may have to try the acacia. Soon. (I just wish this stuff wasn't so darn expensive.) The citrucel is fine in tiny doses - less than a teaspoon - but as soon as you mix up a teaspoon or more, it's like swallowing glue. Unless you're one of those people who can chug down a glass of liquid quickly, which I can't.

Hmm...

#78178 - 06/11/04 09:42 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

do you mix it with a fork? someone said that helps!

#78185 - 06/11/04 10:28 AM
atomic rose

Mixing it with a fork would likely make it less "clumpy", but Citrucel doesn't have that clumping problem anyway. The problem is that if you let the stuff sit for more than a minute, it starts to thicken and get more gel-like. Unfortunately, I'm a "sipper" and it takes me 5-10 minutes to get through an 8-oz glass.

#78197 - 06/11/04 11:19 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I do that too...I take Acacia now because I HATED when it Citrucel turned into glue. Made me gag. The Acacia is not that expensive considering you get much more fiber than I did with the Citrucel. It lasts me a lot longer. And - it doesn't have that gross taste, so it's easier to drink for me.
I hope you feel better soon.
I had a bad attack last night and I can't figure out what it's from, so I'm a little depressed. Plus I'm going out of town this weekend and I feel all screwed up inside now! IBS can be such a downer. I can't wait to be stable for even a month! Seems like I have an attack at least every 2 weeks.

Feel better!!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#78207 - 06/11/04 11:51 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Try making an orange "slurpee" with the Citrucel. Blend it with water and ice and pour it into a large cup. This makes the thickness a lot less noticeable, but it obviously only works if you can tolerate cold...

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1878 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8769

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review