All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather Slurpies?
      #77288 - 06/08/04 05:02 PM

Unregistered

I know pop is carbonated and has caffeine in some of them but what about Slurpies? They come out frozen so I don't think that they would carbonate them.

It's getting to that time of year

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather Slurpies? new
      #77322 - 06/08/04 05:55 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Robyn,

I posted about this not too long ago and got a few responses if you want to check it out: http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=63117&Forum=diet&Words=slurpies&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=63117&Search=true#Post63117

The end result seemed to be that they're not a good idea, although if you can tolerate High Fructose Corn Syrup ok and stick with clear flavours (no caffeine) you may be ok. I tried to get away with having Sprite because I love slurpies, but it kept giving me D so I had to give it up

Kelly

#77335 - 06/08/04 06:19 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I eat slurpies and italian ice alot and they dont' give me a bad result. I'd say try them, they are yuuuuuuuuuuuuummy in the summer.

--------------------

#77340 - 06/08/04 06:28 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I have trouble with ice cold things in general. Once the cold stuff hits my gut I can feel myself getting sick. If that sounds familiar do what I do when I'm really desperate for soy ice cream or other stuff - try letting it melt a little, and instead of slurping it down, let each mouthful warm up in your mouth a bit! It seems to work for me. Also don't drink too much 7-11 gives you cups that are practically 1/2 gallon size!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

the low down new
      #77376 - 06/08/04 10:12 PM

Unregistered

Well I checked out a site and only a couple have caffeine in them so other than that they seem fine and I didn't see anything about them being carbonated because they are a syrup thing instead of being fizzy.

I know some people have problems with cold stuff but not me so if I avoid the coke and pespsi slurpies for the most part it shouldn't even be a remote problem.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1396 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1064

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review