All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Subway Wrap
      #77256 - 06/08/04 03:59 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just wondering if anyone has tired to put their 6" sub fixing into one of the new "Adkins Friendly Wraps" NOT THAT I'M DOING ADKINS .... but I just noticed that it would save me 80 calories by doing so!

HERE ARE THE PLUSES & MINUSES....

White: 200 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 340 sodium, 3 dietary fiber

Wrap: 120 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 680 sodium, 8 dietary fiber

What do ya all think?? Should I just stick with the white?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Subway Wrap new
      #77261 - 06/08/04 04:28 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

IMO, and this is JUST my opinion....you can only find out by trying it and see if you can tolerate it. Just check the ingredients to make sure they are safe - 2 extra grams of fat does not seem like that much more, but at the same time they DO have a lot more sodium which cant be too good. Also, there is more fiber so that may be something to consider.
However now that I think about it, if thats working for you and you like it, dont switch, I mean you're burning so many calories already and taking in much less that 80 probably wont make a huge difference. However, if you want to try something new and different to switch it up from the same old, then I say maybe you could give it a try.

#77263 - 06/08/04 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Here is the difference in what they are make of...... I'm thinking maybe I'll stick with the White Italian Bread.

If I do the wrap then I can add some fruit

ITALIAN BREAD Enriched flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, sugar, contains less than 2% of the following: partially hydrogenated vegetable shortening (soybean, cottonseed), yeast, salt, wheat protein isolate, wheat gluten, dough conditioners (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase [enzymes]), sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, mineral oil.

ATKINS-FRIENDLY WRAP : Water, wheat gluten, corn starch, oat fiber, soy oil, isolated soy protein, soy flour, salt, sesame flour, calcium sulfate, contains 2% or less of: unbleached wheat flour, acacia gum, wheat bran, sodium aluminum phosphate, sodium bicarbonate, calcium propionate (a preservative), guar gum, fumaric acid, potassium sorbate, monoglycerides, sucralose, l. cysteine, enzyme.

--------------------

#77265 - 06/08/04 04:37 PM
ibsgrl

Yeah, maybe you should - I'd be interested on hearing other opinions though...and what about the other breads that they have there, can you tolerate any of them? They have some really good ones that can make the sandwich a little different and change the taste slightly ...but only if you like and can eat them!

#77271 - 06/08/04 04:44 PM
Shell Marr

Yeah...funny you should ask about the bread.... I was JUST looking at the Subway site... the Italian(white) has the least amount of calories too. BUT.... the Rosted Garlic one sounds really good and would only add 30 calories, also the Hearty Italian is just the regular w/cornmeal added in and that would only add 10 calories. So, I will have to give those a try.

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (06/08/04 04:44 PM)

#77282 - 06/08/04 04:56 PM

Unregistered

Whit wraps shouldn't be a problem for us plus I do think Heather said they are safe.

I regulary eat them and don't have a problem. I have roasted chicken/ chicken pieces and a few others. I do miss being able to have the cheese in them but other than that they are good. I have tried almost everything there cause I used to work at Subway for almost a year.

#77302 - 06/08/04 05:28 PM
ibsgrl

yup definitely - they look good and would spice it up a bit

#77310 - 06/08/04 05:37 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I have had one of their wraps before and was not impressed. It did not hurt my IBS, but it left a lot to be desired. I was still HUNGRY after I ate it...they seem to be so much smaller. If for nothing else I stick to my regular sandwich because at least I know I will be filled up.

The wraps ARE TINNNNNNNY new
      #77339 - 06/08/04 06:24 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey.. I agree about the wraps.. they are TINY. I'd stick with the bread.. they give you alot more..and for only 20 more calories that is a good thing!

--------------------

#77684 - 06/09/04 03:59 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yeah...funny you should ask about the bread.... I was JUST looking at the Subway site... the Italian(white) has the least amount of calories too. BUT.... the Rosted Garlic one sounds really good and would only add 30 calories, also the Hearty Italian is just the regular w/cornmeal added in and that would only add 10 calories. So, I will have to give those a try.

I just had the Rosted Garlic 230 calories for JUST the bread (6")... it was very good!! Hope I have not problems with it... if not then I will get that every once in a while

Thanks for the tips on the wraps.... I need the "volume" to make sure I feel like I'm eating enough.... THAT's a mind thing

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review