All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What brand of cal/mag is everyone taking that is available in Canada?
      #76988 - 06/07/04 05:30 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Living here, is like living in the middle of nowhere!I can't find a cal/mag supplement with a 2 to 1 ratio so what brand is everyone taking?
Thanks. I'm going crazy here!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What brand of cal/mag is everyone taking that is available in Canada? new
      #77030 - 06/07/04 08:53 PM

Unregistered

I use just normal stuff but I prefer the Jamieson brand. Some brands can cause you to have gas pain but this brand doesn't. Make sure that it has calcium, magnesium and usually vitamin D. These are a combinationt that helps the body to absorb the different vitamins. Especially calcium can't be absorbed very well without magnesium and to be honest I can't remember why it's important to have vitamin D in the mix but I know it helps.

It's says right on the bottle that it is
-calorie free
-no gas distess
-lactose free
-shellfish free

When shopping for one read the amount you get on the bottle per pill and how often you have to take them a day. A good test if you are stuck between 2 is you are supposed to put them in a glass of water and see how long it takes for them to dissolve. The one that breaks down quicker is the better. When you take a calcium supplement you supposedly only get 20% of it in your body. I read that in a health articile so I always break my pill in half when i'm taking it to be a better absorbtion. Though it is actually recommended to get a liquid one. It costs more but your body gets more of the nutrients. I used to buy one that was vanilla flavoured and I would add it into my banana drink mix in the mornings but I did go back to the tablets.

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the help! -nt new
      #77299 - 06/08/04 05:20 PM
till

I found out........ new
      #77705 - 06/09/04 05:30 PM
till

that Jamieson has too much magnesium. Your just suppose to have no more than 350mg since having more can cause d and an upset tummy. Plus there's calcium carbonate in it and calcium carbonate causes c. Also there's too much calcium in it. I'm still taking Jamieson until I find the right magnesium and calcium supplement that is if I can find one here. It's really hard.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1529 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review