All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
casein
      #76838 - 06/07/04 09:44 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

how serious is casein in its affects on the symptoms of IBS-C? i have found that many soy products in the U.S. contain it... should I avoid it all together? or is it unlikely to cause problems? i would love to hear about your experiences with casein and IBS-C.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: casein new
      #76842 - 06/07/04 09:47 AM

Unregistered

It's from dairy so that's why we tend to avoid it cause we can't handle the protien. So you can see why it would be best to avoid it cause it could be one of your triggers and make you have an attack several days later. Remember attacks don't always happen right away so that's why it's hard to sometimes know what we can handle and can't.

I seem to not have a hard time with it myself as long as I have tiny amounts. Though I know i'll die if I have something like cheese or a cream sauce.

Re: casein new
      #76863 - 06/07/04 11:08 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Small amounts in processed foods don't seem to bother me, but for other people it can be a KILLER trigger. Unfortunately only way to know is try! Good luck.

i should add i'm d not c

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: casein I find it everywhere... new
      #77017 - 06/07/04 07:34 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

just like you I've found it everywhere. The only way to go is total vegan when it comes to the soy products, then they won't have casein or whey. But they have my two other favorite things carregenan and the gums(quar & xanthax) which can be nasty on my belly! I find it is a trial and error thing with all food.

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: casein I find it everywhere... new
      #77026 - 06/07/04 08:24 PM

Unregistered

I've been able to find products without it and also without whey. It does take a lot of reading product labels but it has worked for me.

Especially my my marg I buy 'Earth Blend' it's the only one I could find without that stuff in it.

unfortunately... new
      #77064 - 06/08/04 06:19 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

i have found the sour cream and cheese soy products without casein to be revolting... yuck. i wonder why this is. casein used to not bother me, but i think it is starting to. as for margarine, i love soy garden. for soymilk, i buy silk (vanilla and chocolate).

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1760 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 979

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review