All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Beware McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich
      #75746 - 06/02/04 10:10 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Yesterday I was out and had no soluble fiber snacks with me, I always have a supply in my truck. I was starving, pulled into a McD, small Texas town, not many choices for something quick. This is the most horrid little sandwich one earth. It comes with Mayo (usually doesnt bother me), grilled chicken (may as well have been a shingle off of my house), lettuce and tomatos. I did not get the lettuce, two small bits of tomato, dont think that is what bothered me.

This made me feel like I had a brick sitting in my stomach for hours. I knew while I was eating it, it was just not right, it wasnt a spoiled food type of taste. It was just a junk food, frozen, pitiful excuse for a peice of chicken. The whole sandwich was literally a little over 3" wide.

Stay away from it, I was just so hungry, and I am a huge stress eater, this was disgusting.

No reason for me to ever grace their establishment again!!!!

gayla

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ugh, thanks for the warning -nt- new
      #75747 - 06/02/04 10:14 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Re: Beware McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich new
      #76408 - 06/04/04 10:32 PM
gigi

Read this first post everyone, I dont want you to get sick!!

McD's is nasty indeed. new
      #76446 - 06/05/04 10:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've had that grilled chicken sandwich, and it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. :P Hope you're feeling better!

Try instead... new
      #76454 - 06/05/04 12:11 PM

Unregistered

I usually go to A&W and order their Chicken Grill.

It tastes really good and I never have a problem with one even when my attacks are worse.

You can order it on a different bun because it comes on one with seasame seeds on it. I just eat it with the seeds and kinds gross but they aren't digested so you can tell how long it takes food to go through your system.

I haven't myself tried Wendy's or McDonalds cause i'm so happy with my chicken burger that i'm also addicted to them for the last 3 years!!!!

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Re: Try instead... new
      #76504 - 06/05/04 09:53 PM
gigi

Robyn, I do not have access to an A&W. Darn it!

Your picture cracks me up, you must be such an idiot (compliment coming from someone down south) and lots of fun!

thanks, gayla

#76509 - 06/05/04 10:26 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

THE FISH sandwich. just try it with all plain only. i had that before and nothing seems to happen to my stomach. mcds grilled chicken did a number on my stomach. im not sure why unless mcds chicken sandwiches have something that did not settle with my stomach. hope everyone is feeling great this weekend. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#76511 - 06/05/04 10:56 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Just caught an ad briefly on the TV tonight for KFC.......it now offers grilled chicken breast, with rice and green beans.........

Hmmm, wonder who there now has IBS?

Kandee

--------------------

#76522 - 06/06/04 05:18 AM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Wendy's used to have a really yummy grilled chicken sandwich, but they changed it right around the April timeframe. The new style sandwich has a creamy, cajun style sauce kinda like a dijon base I thkink. It didn't bother my IBS, I just thought it sucked & why did they have to fix something that didn't need fixing With the change of the sandwich, it really knocked Wendys down to the bottom of my safe list. I can get baked potatoes (sometimes I swear I am going to turn into one ) still, but the grilled chicken was always safe. Roy Rogers has a good grilled chicken breast sandwich, the chicken breast is nicely seasoned with herbs. I don't remember what kind of bun it has.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

#76524 - 06/06/04 06:14 AM
gigi

Kandee, I have missed this commercial so far. That is a perfect meal for me! Cant wait to try it! Thanks, gayla

#76525 - 06/06/04 06:17 AM
gigi

For those of you who live in the South, probably Texas, I am not sure if there are Whataburger Drive-ins out of the state. They have a delicious grilled chicken sandwich, the bun is whole wheat. Just ask for a plain bun, this is one of the best!!! gayla

#76532 - 06/06/04 07:08 AM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Hi Jasper, Where did you get a fish sandw. that was safe. All the places I know of w/fish are fried. I would love a good fish sandw. that was easy to get.Thanks,Suzy

Mad at Wendy's, too. new
      #76542 - 06/06/04 07:27 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Daisy,

I used to always get Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich, too.
Why did they have to change it? I have found lately that a lot of things that I like or that are safe for me are being changed.... What's the matter with these people? Can't they just leave things alone!!!!!

I did go to Wendy's the other day and asked for the Grilled Chicken with mayo instead of their new sauce and regular bun instead of sesame bun. It was good, but I did get "D" later that day. Don't know if it was that or something else. I'm scared to try it again.

Barbie

--------------------

My picture new
      #76555 - 06/06/04 08:51 AM

Unregistered

Well..
My uncle who we tease each other really bad was trying to sneak pictures of me as usually so... you see the end result.

He even built my computer and put that picture as the screeen saver!

I sent Heather 2 pictures but that's the one she likes and wanted to post!

Re: My picture new
      #76564 - 06/06/04 09:11 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I LOVE your picture!! It's adorable!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Wendy's!! new
      #76603 - 06/06/04 01:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

You're kidding!! That's horrible. I haven't been there lately but Wendy's chicken sandwich was one of the only safe fast foods for me. And it was soooo yummy and flavorful. I can't believe they changed it. Those jerks!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: My picture new
      #76628 - 06/06/04 04:21 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

It's the best one on the boards~

Oooooh Whataburger... new
      #76629 - 06/06/04 04:25 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Their chicken sandwiches are the best!

Re: su Try instead... new
      #76666 - 06/06/04 07:48 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

su i got the fish sandwich at mcdonalds. it probably was fried. but for some reason i didnt get sick off it. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

-Aww thanks everyone- NT new
      #76671 - 06/06/04 07:57 PM

Unregistered

When I eat out new
      #76674 - 06/06/04 08:00 PM

Unregistered

A lot of times when I eat out I can always count of finding a chicken burger with teryiaki sauce. (Hope I spelled that right). And if it's not on the menu the staff are usually really awesome about having one made more.

Mind you it's not always the best even though I love them my family pick the place they want to go (and not let me pick even on my birthday!!) They say you can always just get them to make you a chicken burger. So i'm not to sure anymore if it's a blessing for me.

Great safe fish sandwich at Ruby T new
      #77094 - 06/08/04 07:42 AM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Yesterday I went to Ruby Tues. for a get tog. w/my sisters. I ordered a grilled tilapia sandwich(w/less seasoning).It was fantastic! Ate it all!! No bad reaction to it.It felt so good to find decent fish here at home,not at the beach.And they have a take out service to.YUM

Re: Beware McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich new
      #77305 - 06/08/04 05:34 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I eat this sandwich occasionally. I order it on a regular bun (not the sesame bun), with no lettuce or mayo then I ask them for fat free mayo afterwards (they have packets, but you have to ask for them). I have been ok ordering it this way...plus with all the special instructions it is usually made fresh!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review