All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re:Angel honey, The humidity here is horrible too.... new
      #75690 - 06/02/04 05:12 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi
I have both of Heather's books. I follow them reliously.I have no carbonated drinks, or coffee. Thoses are like poison to me. I drink strong fennel, peppermint, ginger tea through out the day. I drinks lots of water too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Angel honey, The humidity here is horrible too.... new
      #75692 - 06/02/04 05:14 PM
till

Hi
What's SFS? I'm not sure if I heard of that b4.
Take Care

Re:Angel new
      #75745 - 06/02/04 09:52 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Soluble Fiber Supplement, Benefiber, Heather's Acacia...

You drink the same things I do, I cannot find Ginger Tea, I live in a rural area. No Health Food Stores close by, there is one and only one, a thirty minute drive. They have no competition, and are extremely expensive. I could probably order it online and save a little with the price of gas being so high. Guess I'll try that. I chewed on some Fennel seeds tonight, sure made my tummy feel better.

My stress level doubled today, I am usually an A, but I have been doing pretty good lately. This afternoon I felt like my colon was full of cement, its not getting better either. It amazes me how I can be doing better and I can get stressed or upset,and in an instant feel like I have been constipated for a year! Whats up with that?

Are you feeling better? You were so down the first time we talked, tell me how its going!

gayla

#76336 - 06/04/04 05:25 PM
till

I get ginger tea at an Asian store that recently opened here. I eat sugar coated fennel seeds with every tiny meal I have and I"m taking Acacia fiber. Which fiber are you taking? I'm still really sick. It's killing me.
Take care

Re: Desperate! Advice sought please... new
      #76339 - 06/04/04 06:00 PM
littleone24

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: London, Ontario

i want to die too

Re: you don't want to die.... new
      #76342 - 06/04/04 06:13 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

what are your symptoms? sorry if you've already mentioned them? C/D? Are you taking anything, what are you eating? I'm sorry to hear you feel so bad, sometimes I want to crawl into a hole too

Re: Desperate! Advice sought please... new
      #76344 - 06/04/04 06:27 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, LittleOne,

I just answered your other post to me in the gurgly tummy thread. But I'm really concerned about you, sweetie pie. I know sometimes when I say I want to die what I'm really saying is I want the pain to stop. Is that what you mean or are you really feeling suicidal? I hope not, but if you are, you need to tell somebody fast. I know from your other posts that you're 24 and are taking a low dose of Amitryptiline (sp?) antidepressant. So am I!! It takes a while to kick in though, and the dose that helps IBS is much lower than the dose that helps depression. As to whether you're depressed because your stomach hurts or your stomach hurts because you're depressed, guess what, it's BOTH!! But you're right it's mostly depressing to have a tummy that hurts 24/7. Now if you are really actively feeling suicidal, I want you to promise me you'll talk to somebody, okay? Call a suicide hotline, tell your mother, go to the emergency room and tell them. Because suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You WILL feel better. I promise, promise, promise!!!!

Okay? Post back and let me know you read this okay??

Here's a {{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

I know this sucks, but it's only temporary!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#76404 - 06/04/04 10:01 PM
gigi

Angel, I just started Benefiber. Normally I am a suck it up and take it woman. But, the last few days have been full of stress, and I have had that old tiredness of IBS. I had a wonderful Mexican lunch. Should not have done that, it was a special day, I was out with my girlfriends. They insisted that I go out with them to get rid of some of my stress!! It did help, until it was time to start the drive back home, I started getting queasy and breaking out in hives.

Having a difficult time right now, I am calling my GI Monday, to switch anti spasmodics. The hyoscyamine is causing my eye sight to be so blurry, I just dont want to do anything any more. I am beginning to have a little fear of driving, afraid I might injur someone else. ughhhhhhhh!!

I have researched the Yoga, and am going to try some of the moves before bed. Hope you are doing better!!

gayla

#76484 - 06/05/04 05:18 PM
till

Sorry your not doing too well. It's great you have good friends. I'm not well at all. You should give yoga a try. I think you would like it.I do lots of yoga everyday. It helps.

Re:Angelgirl new
      #76502 - 06/05/04 09:46 PM
gigi

Angel, I am so sorry that you are not doing well. I know how you can get on the edge, I just do not want you to get so depressed that you feel like giving up! I cant let that happen to you!

Lets talk about out diets, I have been eating lots of things that make me bloat, or nauseous, or more constipated than I already am. As if it could get harder than cement already is. Are you able to eat anything? Are you loosing weight? Are you under an incredible amount of stess?

I just started Benefiber two days ago, we shall see, I hope it helps with the bloating. My allergies have been so bad I havent been able to get out and walk.

Do you have a yoga tape or dvd? If so, which one do you have? I am waiting to hear from you.

gayla

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 644 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review