All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Weight Gain and IBS - HELP!!! new
      #950 - 02/16/03 09:11 AM
SharShar

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Illinois

Because I stopped eating almost everything but the BRAT (bananas, rice, apples & toast) diet, I had lost a lot of weight. So going on Heather's diet I was able to eat, really eat! so of course I gained the weight back, but I am stable about 10pounds lighter than I was before the attacks got really bad. I noticed, that by not eating foods high in fat, I wasn't eating foods high in calories, and it took a while to adjust so that I got enough calories to sustain my daily routine as well as the stress reducing exercise. I also consulted a dietician to make sure I was getting the proper vitamins, protein and fat per day. All that said and done, I feel pretty good. I wish you all the best of luck!
SharShar

--------------------
Who knew life was possible with out chocolate?!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Gain and Loss IBS - HELP!!! new
      #979 - 02/16/03 10:15 PM
milynn34

Reged: 02/16/03

I when through a phase of not eating...not because I didn't want to but because I was humiliated by the fact as soon as I ate something I'd start sweating and feel terrible. I am 5'5 and I went from 120 all the way down to 95 pounds in a matter of a month. I am now dealing with my problem and I am back at 115 finally...it is soo nice to see that other people are having the same problems as me ...thank you so much everyone

Re: Weight Gain and IBS - HELP!!! new
      #989 - 02/17/03 07:57 AM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Hello All:

Good to know I am not the only one with this problem. It seems to be a Catch 22 situation; eat to feel better, gain weight. Have had to stop exercise, as I have a bad knee (OA)and this of course, has put on more weight. Hopefully, I will soon be able to return to my exercise program, Yoga and Pilates. Going to see an orthopedic doc on Feb.24th, I am keeping my fingers crossed, surgery will not be necessary. I have an interior cyst in the back of my left knee, a tear in my meniscus, bone grating on bone.
Will keep trying, thanks to all of you for replying.

Olgis

#1012 - 02/17/03 09:00 PM
Shawna

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Middle of nowhere in the desert, Ca

Well, thank you all for these posts! It is so encouraging to read that people are having trouble loosing weight! I am 5 foot 2 inches and I weigh 85 pounds. I am just starting to get stable and am worried that I still might fall through the shower drain. Hopefully, I will put on some weight through the stability!

--------------------
SLicK

Re: Hi Claire! new
      #1019 - 02/17/03 11:47 PM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

Hi Jane,
Thanks for your e mail. I love the idea that we could help each other through this IBS thing by sharing our similar experiences. Where do you live by the way?
I wondered if you had received any kind of therapy and whether you still are? And also, whether you have, or are taking anti-depressants. I was recently prescribed anti-depressants- amytriptiline and cipramil - and I really don't know whether they have done much good. I think they were really used to control anxiety and to calm down my diarrhea. I think Heather's diet has been much more effective.
Do you feel you have totally recovered from anorexia? I'm never sure myself and sometimes wonder if IBS is an extension of my previous problems with food and eating. I sometimes wonder if I have done irreversible damage to my insides, which is another depressing thought which, when I'm feeling good, I try not to think about. Another question, do you have regular periods and do you notice a definate pattern in relation to your IBS. I still have very irregular periods since the birth of my first baby eight months ago. Before that, they had been non-existant for about 8 years, so you can imagine what a shock it was to find myself pregnant!
Anyway, I'll have to close as, the little eight month bundle of joy has just woken up!
Please feel free to e mail me at the following address: claireowens@club-internet.fr

Take care of yourself in the meantime,
Claire

#1047 - 02/18/03 01:50 PM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Trust me, you will gain the weight back. I dropped over twenty pounds when I went through my last really bad episode, and as soon as I felt better, and the stress was eliminated I gained every pound back. And then some! I never thought I would gain any weight back. So don't worry, you'll get it back

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 468 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9858

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review