All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Do I need gluten free??
      #72626 - 05/23/04 01:28 PM
golferlady

Reged: 10/02/03

Just started this IBS eating plan and no mention of gluten free. Do I need to eliminate this from diet!! Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No. new
      #72628 - 05/23/04 01:41 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

unless you have been diagnosed with celiac sprue or told you have a gluten intolerance, then there's no reason for you to go gluten free.

some of us are gluten free, here, so you may see that come up, but some of us get migraines, too, and i don't suggest that you join that club, either!

--------------------

Re: No. new
      #72629 - 05/23/04 01:45 PM
golferlady

Reged: 10/02/03

Thanks for your quick response. I did not know gluten free was for celiac sprue. Do you know what the symptoms are for gluten intolerance?

Re: Do I need gluten free?? new
      #72636 - 05/23/04 02:03 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I first had stomach problems a few years ago and figured out I was lactose intolerant, about half a year ago things got worse and more and more things started bothering me. I did go gluten free. I didn't have any tests for Celiac so wasn't 'told' I just tried cutting it out, as well as many other foods to see what the response was. I've slowly been incorporating it back into my diet with pretty good success. I don't think gluten is what was bothering me.

The thing I did learn from cutting out gluten, all lactose and a bunch of other stuff is that there are so many hidden ingredients on food. Today for example, I went out and bought bagels, I couldn't find and bread that didn't say 'may contains traces of egg or milk ingredients'

so short answer, is no, you don't have to cut out gluten, but it probably wouldn't hurt for a while. The main thing is to just keep track of EVERYTHING that you're eating, and it's really tough.

Go to celiac.com and you'll get all your questions about symptoms answered. -nt- new
      #72649 - 05/23/04 03:13 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review