Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Ruchie new
      #7227 - 04/25/03 09:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY! Thank you so much ((((((((HUGS))))))) What kinds of things did you put in your food journal? Was this your doc's idea? I think I'll try that. How often did you write in the journal (every meal/snack/drink...how specific should I be)? Thanks Angela... (you're a very special person too...and you don't deserve any of this either! It hurts me that your rents just don't get it...not that it's their fault per say...I just wish you didn't have to suffer, esp. w/out their support)!

Take care, and thanks again!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scared to eat new
      #7230 - 04/25/03 09:40 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie - you poor baby! What are the quantities of the foods you eat? Youu probably should eat about 1/2 c rice and maybe 2 oz of chicken at a time. Try eating your white rice without anything but s/p. I love it that way. And, DON'T eat until you feel full--that's too much. Your tummy doesn't tell your brain until about 15-20 min after you finish eating that it's had enough.

I searched and found my portion size comparison chart to anatomical parts. Search for "fist" (don't ask!) and click on my post dated 2/24/03 at 8:01 am. It'll be there.

Hope you feel better soon and figure this whole thing out. Maybe youu should go back to the stabilizing stuff by Heather before you try anything else. I don't know wht else to tell you.

(((Hugs)))

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#7232 - 04/25/03 09:42 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

awwwww thanks Ruchie, making your day makes my day!!! In fact, just seeing you type happy makes me smile
My food journal was a simple notebook that I wrote in to every night right before I went to bed. I wasnt too specific, but specific enough. Like if I had a baked potato with garlic, I would write potato w/o skin and garlic salt. It was a good idea to keep a journal because I could link specific foods to triggers. For instance, through the journal, I found out that I had a strong intolerance to fructrose. I also linked some foods to nausea and bloating. It was NOT my docs idea to keep a food journal, but my own.I was the only one who looked at the journal, but I really learned alot from it! Get Well Soon

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Edited by ConcreteAngel (04/25/03 09:43 AM)

#7244 - 04/25/03 09:56 AM
Snow for Sarala

Shandela,

Thank you A million times! I will def. use this chart! I can't wait until the day I know what's wrong...what to eat, etc. In the meantime, I'll keep posting, keep researching (I get as many books from the library as I can, read the board, and talk to people I know with tummy troubles). I know I'll feel best if I don't eat at all (I've been there). But it's SO unhealthy!

Thanks for the hugs! I need em'! Happy Friday Shandela!!!!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7245 - 04/25/03 10:00 AM
SharonMello

Ruchie - I've been keeping a journal for 1.5 yrs. If you keep it in the kitchen and record everything you eat after you eat it, you more likely not to forget anything. And, enter qty to; i.e. 1/2 c rice, 1 baked potato, 1 c green beans, etc. I usually can't remember at night what I ate all day and I inadvertently forget something, and that something might be the important key to all this.

((hugs))

--------------------
Sharon

#7252 - 04/25/03 10:09 AM
Galwae

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Seattle, WA

I totally know where you're coming from. I've struggled with foods and its effects on my system for a couple of years now ( I have migraines and skin rashes which are exacerbated by what I eat). I went on an elimination diet, which is eliminating most things from your diet for 3 weeks, only eating foods which are well tolerated by sensitive tummys, and then slowly re-introducing the questionable foods back in to see if you have a reaction.

I'm not an expert in this, and I would definitely encourage you to check with your doc, and/or check out some websites that suggest what to eat, since most western docs believe in medicating, not in examining which foods are triggers. Here in Seattle, Naturopathic docs are recognized by the state medical board and so I have had some wonderful guidance. Three years ago I realized I was getting sick from corn products, wheat, chocolate, egg yolks, dairy, and additives and preservatives. I've been on another one since March and discovered I react to yeast and soy too. I have heard of people having adverse reactions like you to honey,oatmeal and vinegar (vinegar is fermented, so it might be making your gas worse). Our bodies know which foods work best and tell us when we're not listening to them.

It's a real pain in the butt doing this sort of "body" work: reintroducing foods, only to get sick sometimes, but it's been worth it. I feel better overall, knowing what to avoid. It sounds like you already know or suspect what foods are making you sick too. I also keep a food journal writing down everything I eat and how I feel. It helps me see some patterns. I find many of the foods advocated for folks like us who have IBS do not work for my body and I'm having to create my own food map. Good luck Ruchie. I'm sorry you're in so much discomfort.

p.s. keep trying to eat, even if they're are little things, stick with what feels safe right now, and you might want to take some vitamins to help keep you healthy.

Re: Scared to eat Galwae new
      #7254 - 04/25/03 10:14 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks!!!!!!! It's good to know that vinegar is fermented and can give you gas (do you know how this works)? I've heard of neuropathics...what exactly do they do? How did this person help you? Can they diagnose you like a regular physician can? Thanks for the well wishes...they really help! (((hugs)))

Happy Friday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Scared to eat Galwae new
      #7257 - 04/25/03 10:17 AM
SharonMello

Ruchie - not neuropathic--naturopathic...big difference! Just helping out. Don't want you going to the wrong kind of doc!! ((hugs))

--------------------
Sharon

Re: Scared to eat Sharon new
      #7258 - 04/25/03 10:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

LOL It's been a rough day...thanks for the tip! Sharon...what would we do w/out you.....!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Scared to eat Sharon new
      #7261 - 04/25/03 10:20 AM
SharonMello

Ruchie - wanna try??? I need another vacation! LOL ((hugs))

--------------------
Sharon

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1375 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review