All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
looking for options
      #718 - 02/12/03 08:29 AM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

Hi, Recently diagnosed, and read Heathers wonderful Book. Didn't believe and could not find out if I had anything wrong with me but suffered for years with the pain. Trying to adjust to the new "diet", hard to believe a salad actually makes me sick and can't figure out when and how much to eat. What I wanted to know is if anyone has heard of/tried the bacteria: acidophyllus, comes in a yogurt and pill? Would like to know if it is useful.

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: looking for options new
      #719 - 02/12/03 08:45 AM
UKKath

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Britain

DEFINATELY!!!
So excited i can help! I am in the UK and taking Multibionta which is a multivitamin with probiotic (though not sure if can get it in US) and is definately helpful.
I used to have the yoghurts which helped too but have to be careful which ones as some are high fat, live ones are better i have heard?
Recently diagnosed too, am 21 and have just started a distance learning course so looks like we have more in common that IBS, which is nice as IBS is not the end of the world, even though it feels like it some/lot of the time!
Good luck
Kathryn

#721 - 02/12/03 08:49 AM
mickeymouse

Wow! that was fast, thanks so much for your input...my boyfriend saw this in a health food store and I wasn't sure what it was all about....there are lactose free yogurts with live bacteria I believe. will give it a try...
thanks.

#722 - 02/12/03 08:53 AM
UKKath

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Britain

Time ahead in the UK so been waiting all day for people to come on line!
I read your reply to someone else and you were talking about anxiety being your biggest trigger, same for me and was wondering what solutions you have found?
Reading and a warm bath are ok, trying yoga for the first time tonight, well in about at hour!
Take care,
Kathryn

#723 - 02/12/03 09:00 AM
mickeymouse

I am just starting to find solutions, but definetly exercise in any form helps me, yoga would be great, or even just walking outdoors, I find it relaxing and really helps with stress. Also, stressing over my home studies gets me, so taking breaks periodically and drinking lots of water...

Have fun at yoga!

#725 - 02/12/03 10:30 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I found distant learning online to be a lifesaver. I took two classes online over the summer and loved it. Sure beats the classroom. I might do my graduate degree online, if New York State adds a few more degrees programs online. Just thought I would mention that.

I heard on the news, might not be trust worthy, that the pills may not be helpful. They said the "live" bacteria in them may die before purchasing them. I know the bacteria is suppose to be helpful though, especially to prefent yeast infections when taking antibiotics. I would be interested in hearing some more on this though.

#728 - 02/12/03 10:35 AM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Hi! Glad you found us. Discovering Heather and her book, has been the best thing that has happened to me in years. Her gentle ways are a soothing source in this harsh world known as IBS. Regarding the probiotics, I have used them with good results. Follow all the guidelines Heather gives in the book, you will be amazed at the results, at how good you feel. Look forward to hearing from you,

Olgis

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3702

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review