All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
ATTN all Bloaters!
      #7159 - 04/25/03 05:25 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Okay all you bloaters out there, i have a question.
I have noticed that during the last week or so, I have become very bloated after I eat dinner (looks like im pregnant) My question is what exactly is bloating and why does it blow up your tummy like that? Also, Im IBS-D and i thought only C's got that. Can someone help me here? Thanks

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ATTN all Bloaters! new
      #7161 - 04/25/03 05:27 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

I WISH I could help you and myself out here! I have IBS C...so I guess it's more common for the C folk to have bloating? But what casues it? I'd love to know too! Anyone have any new info./different info. on bloating? Thanks!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7163 - 04/25/03 05:38 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

I believe the bloating could be coming from trapped gas in your intestines. I suffer that a bit. Also water retention with me has caused bloating. To get rid of that I try to drink as much water as possible. I am no expert mind you, but since I have been drinking water it has helped me so much. Gas can make you feel puffy and fat, like you can hardly move.

#7165 - 04/25/03 05:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

I just had a thought...if you have celiac, can gluten make you puffy? Does anyone know anything about this? Ky Angel, I think you're right...guess built up/trapped is def. a source of bloating! I'm glad water works for you...how much would you say you drink a day? Do you drink it fast/slow? Cold/warm? I'd LOVE it if I could get my bloating under control!

Thanks, and Happy Friday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7166 - 04/25/03 05:44 AM
ConcreteAngel

hm, i didnt know water could help with the bloating.I hate feeling bloated because it makes me feel like I just ate 20 pounds in food. I suppose bloating can be a symptom of celiacs but im not sure. Im 100% i dont have celiacs though, because things that contain gluten are actually amonh my safest things to eat. Thanks all!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7167 - 04/25/03 05:48 AM
KyAngel

You see from the research I have done our bodies keep water stored. If we do not drink water it will not release that water that has been stored for a long time. It is nearly like toxins in your body, we sweat to expend that so we can cleanse our bodies. Water will help with anything.. I am building up to drinking 40 ounces a day.. Eventualy I would love to drink nothing but water. Natural is better at all costs

Re: ATTN all Bloaters! Kyangel new
      #7171 - 04/25/03 05:58 AM
Snow for Sarala

KyAngel,

Thanks so much for the info.! I wish 40 ounces did it for me...I drink about 60 ounces a day (herbal tea included in those ounces...maybe that's the prob?) I think I'll try 40 ounces of just plain ole water in addition to my herbal teas and see if that makes a diff. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7176 - 04/25/03 06:08 AM
ConcreteAngel

man, you guys make me seem dehydrated! I only drink about one pint a day...yikes, i better start drinking!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7181 - 04/25/03 06:18 AM
KyAngel

Now in some people remember that drinking water may make them feel more bloated, different things work for different people, IBS is so unpredictable it seems. All I know is that your body needs to be relieved of all its toxins, where we take these meds like Bentyl and so forth it does make it at times hard to sweat when we exercise, but drinking water helps our bodies naturally remove all those toxins.

#7182 - 04/25/03 06:20 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I puff up incredibly! I have ibs-d and by the time the day is through, I swear I look like I'm overdue with twins! I hate this feeling - in the morning, my clothes are baggy and by the end of the day, they are restrictive. I also find it's about 30 mins after a meal and never seems to subside. Let me know the secret of getting rid of this awful basketball in my stomach!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review