All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anybody else.... new
      #70961 - 05/16/04 05:22 PM
FutureDoc

Reged: 04/02/04

have pain every single day of the week, month, year, etc?? I am having pretty normal BM's every day and I still am in horrible pain. I don't get it. What can I do to make it better? I am watching what I eat, etc etc and I just started taking Citrucel cuz I had my gallbladder out and my doctor thought that might help to absorb the bile salts that could be aggravating my tummy. BUT NOTHING!!! The pain is awful. I need advice!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody else....
      #71023 - 05/17/04 05:24 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Sounds like a question for your Doc especially since you had your gallbladder out. Do you think the pain is associated with gas? If it is, I would try fennel tea. IT's great for bloating. Peppermint tea is wonderful for pain as it is a natural pain killer.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Anybody else.... new
      #71049 - 05/17/04 07:48 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry about the pain, I would question your doc. I have pain a lot also, most every day, it ranges from mild to severe. I find curling up with the heating pad on my tummy helps the most. I also had my gallbladder out, about 4 years ago and since then my IBS has been much worse!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Citrucel? new
      #71141 - 05/17/04 12:22 PM
FutureDoc

Reged: 04/02/04

I've been noticing that my cramps seem to have gotten worse since starting the citrucel on Friday. Is it possible? Can citrucel make things worse? I'm IBS-D. Not really any D lately (knock on wood) but just awful pain.

Re: Anybody else.... new
      #71145 - 05/17/04 12:35 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Hello FutureDoc,

Until just recently I too had pains every day, every minute. I am IBS-D and even when I was not experiencing D, I still had pain and had no idea why. Last week I started on a tricyclic anti-depressent called Elavil. This has helped with my pain. I am experiencing some pain right now as I am now C for some odd reason, but it is nothing like the every minute of every day pain like before.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Dana

Re: Citrucel? new
      #71149 - 05/17/04 12:55 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

If your body isn't used to the added fiber it could gas a little gas and bloating. Maybe reduce your dose just a little but stick with it, your body will adjust!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Elavil new
      #71322 - 05/18/04 07:13 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I was prescribed Elavil by my gastro because I am IBS-D. Elavil and other tricyclical anti-depressants have a constipating side effect. I take fiber to balance it out.

--------------------
IBS-D

are you taking questran new
      #71330 - 05/18/04 07:25 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

on page 3 of heather's book the first year she talks about gallbladder removal and the drug questran (cholestyramine)for absorption of bile acids. I am sure this info is on the website. I also use heating pads for the pain. Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review