All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
is it possible this isn't ibs at all?
      #69744 - 05/12/04 07:54 AM
supersilks

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Phoenix, Az

so i'm going in tomorrow for a repeat abdominal u/s since the first was inconclusive for gallstones. If its stones they can remove my gallbladder surgically and then the NP was saying this could all just go away and i could be pain free and basically eat what I want again.

Is that just wishful thinking? Arent' there many of folks who have gallbladder removed and still have ibs? can you have gallstones and ibs?

i have pain all over my tummy, not just where ibs would be, constipation woudl be, gallbladder would be.

i'm confused. just want some answers.

yesterday i ate:
breakfast: 2 potato rolls
snack :handful of pretzels
lunch: half baked potato, 1cup noodles with smart margarine
one small piece of whitemeat chicke
snack: potato roll
4pm-7pm SICK AS A DOG!
7pm : bowl of white rice
felt better by 8pm
9pm : small bowl of chicken rice soup

i mean....i'm really not 'cheating' and i'm still getting so sick so now i'm thinking maybe its gallstones?

i'm sorry for rambling. just confused and tired (baby teethign, up all night and for the day at 5:30am) and hungry lol

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk
I'm the mama. Just the mama. Always the mama.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: is it possible this isn't ibs at all? new
      #69758 - 05/12/04 08:26 AM
SarahB

Reged: 03/18/03
Loc: Cortland, New York

I had my gallbladder removed and I felt a little better for a while but the pain came back. Now the pain is just in my abdomen. My doctor told me that it is possible to have IBS and Gallbladder problems.

Sarah

#69833 - 05/12/04 12:01 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Barb, that is definitely wierd. Everything you ate sounds safe. But sometimes it's something we ate two days before. Or the Mike's Hard Lemonade we drank Friday (sorry, couldn't help it ). Or the stress of the baby teething. Or my favorite explanation -- sometimes, it's just...sunspots.

Hang in there and good luck tomorrow. Sending lots of healing Jewish mama good wishes your way.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#69997 - 05/12/04 08:40 PM
supersilks

nods nods nods.
today i ate properly too...
potato toast for breakfast
pretzels for snack
and then i had a turkey burger cuz we were out.
I used that trick about pushing all the grease out with napkins and made sure it was on a potato bun
you guessed it. I was sick from 3pm-7pm. Finally i threw up and now at 8pm had a bowl of white rice and a cup of peppermint tea and am feeling like myself again
lol bout the mikes - i may try the lemonade vodka thing at somet point, but i have to say i don't get it. I'm living on potato breads, pasta, white rice, baked taters and the occasional w hite meat. I don't even hardly eat fruit or veggies and i'm still sick way too often.
oh well. i've lost like 10lbs so far. lol

thanks again for the support
maybe the u/s will show something tomorrow

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk

#70000 - 05/12/04 08:52 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

Barb, everything looks really safe. But I have to tell ya, 3-7pm is my absolute worst time of the too! Some days I just have to CHILL OUT for a few hours, and that's hard to find time for. Esp. for you with the baby! It helps me to take a fiber supplement sometime between 12-2, even if it's just a few measly citrucel caps and baggie of pretzels.

Have you been tested for celiac? How do you do when just eat rice? Do you notice you feel worse on days when you've eaten bread/pasta/pretzels? Did you cut out the Lactaid? Also check the ingredients on the potato bread carefully.

I know how frustrating it is when you feel like you're trying so hard and still don't feel good. Hang in there! Drink lots of water and take naps whenever you can!

--------------------
--Julie

#70213 - 05/13/04 04:02 PM
supersilks

heya... thanks for the response. I'm glad to know i'm not alone on this afternoon thing. this is MUCH better then in the past before following the diet when i was sick from 9pm-1am or even worse i'd wake up sick at 1am and was sick till 5am!
i did cut out lactaid except for a tiny bit in my half cup of coffee a day. DO you think it could be my last bit of coffee ??? i'll stop that tomorrow
today i had a better day. I had toast for breakfast and graham crackers for snack (i'm SO sick of pretzels). then my dad has high cholesterol so he turned me on to his egg beaters - they're dairy/fat free no yolk eggs. They weren't too nasty. i had one egg and 2 slices of his soy bacon and didn't get sick
then i had a bowl of rice at like 2.

its 4 now and i feel really good so i had a small antidepressant brownie - i really needed it lol. and i'm still ok. I drink TONS of water, but nap? lol. thats funny.
I have a teen, a 3.5yo, a 9mo and 4 days/wk i babysit a 2yo. and 2 other days/wk i babysit a different 2yo. So naps are out.
tonight i'm going to try some more chicken rice soup and see how i do.
this is so hard! i'm always scared to eat!! i do really well when i eat rice and only rice. I've not been tested for celiacs that i know of
so far we did blood work and everything came back normal for kidney and liver function. uppergi came back normal too - no reflux, hernia or ulcer. and the second u/s was today

anyway. thanks for letting me continue to whine while i try to figure this all out

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk

#70223 - 05/13/04 04:28 PM
tuxedocat

Ha! You're right, naps are out! That's way too many 2 yr olds for me. lol.

But...um...did you say, COFFEE? I hope you're weaning yourself off of that too. See Bevrs for low-down on the evils of coffee

To me it looks like you ate really well today so far. You're on the right track! Just get rid of that coffee/milk and I bet you'll feel better (as long as you don't get the vapors. LOL) This takes a while to get used to, so be patient with yourself.

--------------------
--Julie

#70263 - 05/13/04 07:32 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ooo coffee! It just ain't worth it girlie. I'd get ill 2 days after having a cup of coffee, so I just gave it up. Miss it like hell, but not the stomach ache and D!

How you doing with the soluble fibre supplement? They make a BIG difference.

Coping with this and baby can't be fun. You make sure you get enough sleep, okay?

Re:coffee, chai tea, fiber supplements - me rambling again new
      #70281 - 05/13/04 08:10 PM
supersilks

ok...ok...tomorrow i go off coffee lol. It was only a half cup a day. waaaaaaaaaaah
thats gone too. totally not worth it

i'm not taking a soluble fiber supplement. i will go read cuz i'm not sure what to take? can you make suggestions? I am starting to take prenatal vitamins again tonight cuz i know i'm feeling really run down with the baby and all the kids and not sleeping, not eating. lol . well. you get it. lol

ok. so learning every day.
coffee is gone. what about oregon chai tea? i think it has some caffiene, so that'd be out too?

lactaid is gone too for now (over rice cereal)
tomorrow will stick to rice, potatos, pasta (is ketchup ok? i know thats gross, but i like it on my n oodles. lol)

my chicken soup went over ok. and the brownies are so yummy.i'm trying not to eat too many but i'm so hungry. lol

dh says this is the craziest thing he's ever seen. Cuz he's only around at night so he sees me eat rice, chicken soup, brownies and bread/jam on occasion lol

boy i can sure ramble in these posts

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk

#70283 - 05/13/04 08:17 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hello there!

Good one on the coffee. Get some herbal (caffeine-free) drinks - you'll love them in no time!

SF supplement wise...I recommend Acacia big-time.

Ketchup is DEFINTELY okay! As long as you're not downing a bottle in a go, okay?

Try and get some chicken or fish to keep your protein intake up - you'll need that energy with kids!

They actually have caffeine free oregon chai, its yummy! -nt new
      #70284 - 05/13/04 08:18 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

--------------------
Dana

#70316 - 05/14/04 06:12 AM
tuxedocat

How ya doing today?
As for SF supplements I recommend acacia too--you can mix it into any drink (hot or cold) or soft food (soy yogurt,cream of rice,noodles). If you want to start NOW, and can get to the store, then you might want to try Citrucel Clear Mix or Benefiber. Are you C or D?

Linz is right about the protein. Try to get some protein in the morning--your soy bacon, for example. Maybe turkey for lunch and chicken for dinner.

--------------------
--Julie

#70366 - 05/14/04 09:07 AM
supersilks

ok Acacia
got it.
whats the deal with the Equalactin?

today is day one coffee free. lol. I had chamomile tea and some rice with smartmargarine/cinnamon for breakfast (weird, but ok)
i did have some chicken rice soup last night so got some carrots and chicken in me. Tonight i'm going to try some baked chicken and see how i do

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2039

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review