All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tingling tongue from fiber supplements?
      #6922 - 04/23/03 12:03 PM
Galwae

Reged: 04/10/03
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'm curious if anyone's tongue tingles after they take their fiber supplements? I'm noticing that when I take Citrucel in the morning and then when I was taking the Equalactin before lunch (I stopped taking it because I think it was causing me shortness of breath)my tongue would tingle about an hour or so later. Also: for folks who are IBS-A do you sometimes wonder if the fiber supplements are plugging you up more? It seems to me that being on the fiber supplements makes the constipation worse. I know I'm drinking PLENTY of water so don't know what else it could be.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tingling tongue from fiber supplements? new
      #6926 - 04/23/03 12:10 PM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

You could certainly be allergic to the fiber; sometimes people are. You may want to look into alternate options such as Benefiber or Fibercon tablets. Those may be easier to handle. I have read that if you use the SAME fiber supplement over and over that you can become allergic and "immune" to it, so it is good to vary the type you take. Ground flax is a great alternative fiber, plus it has the "good fat" in it that most of us lack in our diets. Good luck!

-Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Tingling tongue from fiber supplements? new
      #6938 - 04/23/03 01:09 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

yeah, i have actually wondered about that with fiber myself. i have IBS-A, which makes life even more upredictable... i think part of the reason the fiber doesn't help me enough is because i don't space it out enough during the day... so i'm working on that. instead of taking fibercon 2 at a time, 4 times a day, i'm trying to take them 1 at a time, 8 times a day. we'll see how that works.

as far as the tingling, i haven't had that, myself. don't know what to tell you about that. i really like fibercon, though, because you just swallow them with lots of water and you're set. no chewing or tasting.

beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3923 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review