All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: My Story new
      #7202 - 04/25/03 07:20 AM
yolie

Reged: 04/23/03
Loc: Phila, PA

Hi Mouse,
I know exactly what you are going through. I was tested on for 3 months until I finally had a colonoscopy and was told I had IBS. A few months later I had an endoscopy done and was told I had GERD. So, I have to pretty much watch everything I eat. But it is really, really nice to know that I am not alone. I have had many attacks recently so I am trying to stay stress free and stick to my diet. But it is a little difficult to stay stress free with a husband, 2 boys and a full time job. But with God all things are possible!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My IBS Story (sent to Nutrition Action Newsletter) new
      #7206 - 04/25/03 07:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

WOW!!!!!!!! This is GREAT!!!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7225 - 04/25/03 09:28 AM
Lisa37

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Trinidad & Tobago

Hi Sharon, It really is a small world.

Thanks for offering substitute recipes for my fave foods. I'm actually too lazy to actually do much cooking. On evenings after I cook for hubby/kids, supervised homework, parted a few fist fights, looked after my 6 cats, done usual household stuff, then organized stuff for the morning rush to get to work/ school; I just wanna curl up with something sweet (ready-made) and zombie out on some TV or a good book.

I'm so sick of rice soup (so easy though!), this weekend if I'm stable, I'm gonna try a few somethings with flavor(!) from the message boards.

Lisa.

#7237 - 04/25/03 09:50 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Anita - Well, I crave EVERYTHING! So, what should I do??? It's terrible--I love food even when I'm not hungry and I love Sour Cream'n' Onion Potato Chips. The only thing that keeps me from eating them is they're so dang salty, it burns my tongue. And if I don't put some in a dish and close the bag up, I'll eat the whole thing. This is rather compulsive behavior, I know, and it takes a lot of energy for me to dissuade it. I think about food MORE than I think about SEX!! LOL

The next time I see the shrink, I'm going to talk to him about this--and stress, don't even go there! I always have stress in my life (being married to someone of the opposite sex is a starter) and have thought about how it would be if there wasn't any stress. I don't know if that will ever happen--to me or anybody else!

Life goes on and so do I. I just grin and bear it and talk to myself in my head a lot. I don't know what else to do.

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#7241 - 04/25/03 09:53 AM
SharonMello

Lisa - if you just baked something once or twice a month and cut it into serving pieces and freeze it, you wouldn't be cooking all the time.

And why can't your husband and kids eat IBS safe food so that you don't have to cook more than one meal??? Just don't tell them it's ibs safe. I do that w/my husband all the time and he doesn't know I don't use hamburger--although now he's catching on but he says the stuff is good. I know he doesn't like it when he either pushes his plate away from him or doesn't want to eat the leftovers! Yum, I get to eat them!

--------------------
Sharon

#7242 - 04/25/03 09:55 AM
SharonMello

Yoli - read the ingredients listed on the wrapper.

--------------------
Sharon

#7249 - 04/25/03 10:02 AM
yolie

I read them and they are not safe at all but I got a few suggestions on the board that I will try.

#7275 - 04/25/03 10:35 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

I've never been a big eater in terms of eating a lot at one sitting...but I did used to eat a bit here and there, but all day long (lol!) I find when I'm really depressed, I dont eat at all. But when I'm enxious, I nibble here and there instead of meals.

Having severe IBS got me over the love of food (now I am afraid of it ...its hard to love something when you know that it might trigger the IBS Attack from Hell. In fact when I go out I watch "normal" people eating food, and relishing it with gusto...and I feel like an alien from another planet.."Look how these earthlings enjoy food. We do not do this on the IBS Planet!"

You know what else I found though? When I started doing aerobic exercising, the more I did the less hungry I was. Maybe the combination of exercising and forcing myself to eat less sort of worked out, because I really cant eat a lot anymore.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Edited by Zaftig1 (04/25/03 10:36 AM)

#7278 - 04/25/03 10:37 AM
SharonMello

I HATE EXERCISE!!!!!!

--------------------
Sharon

#7285 - 04/25/03 11:15 AM
yolie

I hate to excerise also. But I have found Pilates! It is really good and not strenous at all! And afterwards I feel great and have lots of energy!!

Yolie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 49462

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review