All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
i'm hungry and i want a mikes hard lemonade dagnabbit
      #68757 - 05/08/04 05:29 PM
supersilks

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Phoenix, Az

just whining cuz i'm new here and havnet done that yet.
Saw the new doc on thursday. They want me to do a repeat abdominal u/s before scheduling a ct scan. So thats coming this thursday morning. She says its either gallstones or ibs for sure. Or both (???)

i'm sick any time i deviate from the basics. I eat potato rolls. rice cereal with lactaid, rice and pasta for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes i'll have a few grapes or some applesauce or a few mango slices. I eat pretzels. Everything else makes me sick...soy yogurts,
Dinner is what kills me. If i eat anything packaged at all i'm sick. I eat white meat chicken, no skin or turkey. more potatoes, rice or pasta. I'm afraid of vegetables and will only eat a few cooked carrots.
I'm bored and i'm hungry. i miss fruit. I ate an apple without the peel the other day and that was ok.
if i eat more then half a luna bar i get sick.
i had a tofutti cutie the other night but ate it too soon after dinner and got sick.

blah

and i want a mikes hard cranberry lemonade desperately

thanks for letting me whine. I can't even have any cheese with my whine! lol. or any wine with my whine

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk
I'm the mama. Just the mama. Always the mama.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: i'm hungry and i want a mikes hard lemonade dagnabbit new
      #68765 - 05/08/04 06:11 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, Barb, I want a double martini on the rocks with an olive! AND some cheese with it!!

I hear ya, girlfriend. I'm having a rotten day too, with a wierdo swollen gland problem (I posted about it in the Living Room if you want to know).

Congratulations on your first whine. It's a very very good whine! Short, sweet, to the point. And it makes me feel your pain, as they say!

Yeah, it takes a while of eating boring foods, cheating, getting sick, eating more boring foods, cheating, getting sick again, finding some not boring foods you can eat and not get sick, realizing that some of those boring foods taste pretty damn good! Don't worry, hang in there. It will get better, I promise!

PS. I had cream of rice for dinner!! I can't chew at the moment because of the swollen gland! It's always something!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Hi, I am new here too:) new
      #68766 - 05/08/04 06:13 PM
Ashley

Reged: 05/05/04
Loc: Maryland, USA

I understand how you feel exactly. I also miss eating a lot of the foods I am avoiding nowadays. I just keep thinking all of this has to get better because I don't know how much longer I can take this. Good Luck with your test on Thursday. Please let us know how it goes and I hope you feel better soon:)

#68784 - 05/08/04 08:16 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I know how you feel too! I went through a phase where I felt like I couldn't eat ANYTHING, and it was incredibly frustrating. I lost a bunch of weight and was completely antisocial. But with the help of Heather's diet I've finally become able to eat small amounts of fruits and veggies and drink one glass if wine with dinner without any problems. For a while all of those things were unimaginable for me. I went literally about a year without having a drop of alcohol. But the good news is that if you stick with this hopefully your body will be able to heal and you'll be able to (carefully) have that Hard Lemonade. It might seem like a long time before that happens, but believe me, things will change for the better eventually. Feel free to whine any time you want to... and hang in there!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#68816 - 05/09/04 05:50 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ahhhh I hear your pain darling!! However, you can find alcohol that is a safer alternative. I've found different drinks I can tolerate and I'm sure you can too. One warning though, you may just not be able to tolerate mikes, but others may be much easier on you. my boyfriend works at a liquor store, so I know alot about Mikes hard lemonaide etc, and it is probably not the safest choice out there. It tears up your stomach, and I know friends that have no bowel problems that get sick off of mikes, and similar drinks. good luck finding one that works for you.

--------------------

#68854 - 05/09/04 09:55 AM
supersilks

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Phoenix, Az

hey ashley...
if you can recommend anything..... lol
i'd appreciate it.
i can live without mikes. does that mean all wine coolers are out? is it the carbonation?
i'm not a huge wine or beer drinker . i used to love kahluah. lol. i know thats out. lol. caffeine AND alcohol.

anyway if you can think of anything that's rock. i did have a margarita last week and didn't get sick. so maybe i can tolerate those?

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk
I'm the mama. Just the mama. Always the mama.

#68857 - 05/09/04 10:47 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Hi,

Basically, Mikes hard lemonaide, bacardi silver, wine coolers are all really really harsh on people's stomachs. Everytime I've ever drank one it has definitly caused me to have diarrhea! I beleive it is because they are malt liquor which is harder for the stomach to handle. I try to avoid all types of malt liquor, however, I can tolerate beer in small amounts, ie one or two beers a night tops. (although the malt used to make beer is not nearly as harsh as what is used to make mikes etc) Anyways, I'm sure that it is different for everyone, but I can easily tolerate 1-2 margaritas, cosmos, martinis, and vodka with orange, cranberry etc. without getting sick at all. Although, Im sure it varies for everyone. I hope this helps!

--------------------

oh and i'm a lightweight (luckily! since alcohol is bad) .. so 2 drinks does me just fine.. -nt- new
      #68897 - 05/09/04 07:21 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

#68905 - 05/09/04 07:57 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

What about amaretto or midori sours? They have a similar taste to the lemonade and they're a lot easier on my stomach! I think spicey's right, I bet it's the malt. Malted beverages kill me too.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#68978 - 05/10/04 08:10 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

How about making up some lemonade and adding a bit of vodka to it? Homemade lemonade is the best, so long as you have a lemon or two around. If I had my husband's recipe for ginger limeade with me, I'd post it for you...

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2361 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review