All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is it Normal..
      #68713 - 05/08/04 09:07 AM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

that I haven't had a regular day since December? What I mean is that every day i have incomplete BMs. It is a constant every day battle. I follow the diet, exercise, have been tested for every GI problem (crohn's, celiac, colonoscopy, and endoscopy). Am I missing something? I was on probiotics in December when I had about 1.5 weeks of normalcy. then they stopped working so I stopped. I'm trying them again now but have not seen changes. I just want to know if i should be worried or just except that this is going to affect me everyday for the REST of my LIFE. I feel like a hypochondriac(sp) always thinking it has to be something else. Ok i'm done! thanks guys!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it Normal.. new
      #68719 - 05/08/04 12:18 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Just wondering what probiotic you're taking? How much fiber and what kind? It seems brands can make a difference - what works for one doesn't necessarily work as well for another.

I think with the probiotics there is a huge difference. Are you buying the kind that is refrigerated live bacteria? My doctor put me on VSL#3 they ship it to you on ice packs - has 450 billion live good bacteria from many different sources. I know some out there are not nearly as potent. Also I think it takes a couple of weeks of taking them to reach their full effect and the benefits go away after 2-3 weeks once you discontinue use. Here is the website if you're interested vsl3.com

Are you on Acacia - what dose are you up to?

Many have found the hypno CDs helpful - I haven't tried them yet.

I'm really sorry you're not doing any better yet. Hang in there!

Leigh

Re: Is it Normal.. new
      #68862 - 05/09/04 12:22 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

Thanks for your concern! I take the Jarro probiotic they make one that doesn't have to be ref. and one that does I take the one that doesn't.. this is the one many peole on the board suggested! It's weird that it worked months ago almost right away and this time no changes! I take acacia 6tsp/day. Before I took more but saw no diff. so went down. I just wonder why so many people are getting stable with heather's diet and I'm not?

Rlan - How are you doing? new
      #69238 - 05/10/04 10:09 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Sorry Rlan - I haven't been on the boards yesterday or today. I was wondering if you are feeling any better yet?

It sounds like you're taking plenty of Acacia (I'm not taking that much yet.)

Are you keeping a food diary. I think that helps most of the time (not always). I've been doing it since September and I keep track of every morsel that I eat and how many fat grams in each meal and snack. You might want to try that.

I have done so much better with the D since I started this diet. I seem to get it about once every 3 weeks or so and I can't figure what's causing it??? I still have pain and gas most afternoons and evenings... but it is sooooo much better than it was before!

Maybe reread the basics of the diet again and see if something has slipped through the cracks. Also you might want to give the VSL #3 a try. Maybe recheck ingredient labels just to make sure there's no hidden triggers.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,
Leigh

Edited by Gr8ful (05/10/04 10:11 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2099 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 677

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review