All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I hate cramps!
      #68107 - 05/06/04 07:30 AM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

I had a horrible D attack about 1:00 am! I have been doing so well for a few weeks and it just hit me! The weird part was even after the D passed the cramps were still there! They were the worst cramps ever! I just laid curled up in a ball on my bed crying till I fell asleep.

My question is...what do you do to get rid of these? I hate tea of any kind...I don't have the peppermint caps yet (i am a poor college student too!)...plus it was 1:00 in the morning so I didn't feel like yoga or anything...I just wanted to sleep. I just need a few pointers so if this happens again...I will be prepared!

Thanks! You guys are all so wonderful!

Amanda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I hate cramps! new
      #68119 - 05/06/04 07:45 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

For me the best solution is a heating pad and some hot tea.

I know you said you hate tea...but you'll have to decide which you hate more...the horrible cramps (that bring you to tears) or choking down some not so great tea....

I'd pick the tea!!

Re: I hate cramps! new
      #68135 - 05/06/04 08:27 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I agree with Kimm, I use a heating pad on my belly for whenever late night cramps hit me. I keep it by my bed, so can just plug it in and flop down onto it or hug it against myself if I need to.
I also agree about the tea.. You hate ALL kinds of tea? If it's because it's hot (I am not a fan of hot beverages), you can cool them down with ice or something after they have seeped for long enough and drink them that way.. They are all so different in flavours, too.. You SHOULD be able to find one you can tolerate better than the others.. cammomile is a good idea for night time as it has a relaxant or something in it.. And obviously fennel and peppermint are the big ones.. which you can try and play around with. I'd way rather drink a cup of tea, then suffer the cramps.
I found not too expensive peppermint capsules in the local pharmacy here, you could try checking it out.. or health food stores, you might find you can afford them that way. I think they are supposed to be helpful for D too so it's a good investment either way... And I empathize about being a poor student!
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review