All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bad girl today...and yesterday...
      #68002 - 05/05/04 06:44 PM
bearyd

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: fl

Ok...so I have been in major cravings for chocolate. NOt just any chocolate but that super fudgy rich chocolate. SO I go to the store and start reading labels desperatly. Seems out of all the major boxed cake brands like Betty Crocker, Pillbury and Duncan Hines that Duncan Hines contains no dairy and even has a lowfat recipe that completely eliminates the oil from the recipe. even with it only being 6 grams of fat, I used egg beaters so that would make it even less...THis cake was awesome!!!!!! I do admit that I used the Duncan hines frosting since it contained no dairy whatsoever...the chocolate fudge is made with cocoa and I saw no other triggers listed. Not even high frustose corn syrup like all the others. SO I have had one peice every day since I made it three days ago. My family loves it and you cannot tell at all that I made the lowfat version. SO is this ok? or did I just get lucky and should not be eating this?

--------------------
Carrie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad girl today...and yesterday... new
      #68059 - 05/06/04 04:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Low-fat, dairy free sounds just fine! have you checked out the recipes on the Recipe Index? Anti-depressant Brownies are very popular for chocolate cravings!

yum. good girl not bad girl yum!! -nt- new
      #68112 - 05/06/04 07:36 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#68125 - 05/06/04 07:56 AM
bearyd

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: fl

Yes I have made those but my favorite is Heather's fudge cake. I can tolerate peanut butter very well so I add 1/2 cup to the recipe. Mind you I am trying to keep my weight from going any lower so I have to find room for those extra calories and fat. Dispersed through the whole cake it really isn't too much and I love the chocolate peanut butter combination.

--------------------
Carrie

#68464 - 05/07/04 06:29 AM
stateskater23

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Michigan

Did you know you can use applesauce in place of oil? It adds moisture and soluble fiber.

--------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1730 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 730

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review