All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sick of newbie questions? my medical records. gallbladder or ibs?
      #66878 - 05/02/04 06:15 PM
supersilks

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Phoenix, Az

ok...so i don't have an official ibs diagnosis at this point but the diet sure is helping me. I got my medical records yesterday because I'm changing doctors (longstory)and i'm guessing i'll have a ct scan next week to find out whats going on in my tummy.

Basically, my bloodwork came back fine. kidney and liver are fine. The Upper GI came back fine - no hiatal hernia, no ulcer and no reflux (which is amazing to me since we thought this was gerd reoccurance. i had an upper gi in 95 that said reflux lol)
but the ultrasound came back inconclusive. the records say "suboptimal visualization of the gallbladder due to adjacent duodenum. The gallbladder is oeither bilobed containing multiple shadowing calculi or the gallbladder is normal and compressed by adjacent gas containing stomache/duodenum. Cannot exclusde multiple calculi versus adjacent gas within the stomach and duodenum. clinical correlation and correlation to biliary enzymes recommended. if there if further clinical concern a ct scan of the abdomen or a hepatobiliary scan may be performed"

so i'm guess the ct scan will be ordered. If there are gallstones is this my problem? could i have it removed and be done with the pain? Or if the gallbladder is fine, does this mean i for sure do have ibs? will they give me that diagnoses at that point?

--------------------
~Barb
www.supersilks.com
Everyone deserves silk
I'm the mama. Just the mama. Always the mama.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sick of newbie questions? my medical records. gallbladder or ibs? new
      #66882 - 05/02/04 06:42 PM
barberm10

Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Florida

I had over $100,000 worth of tests done and I just now am told I have IBS - Something I thought all along but just kept going with the Dr's and what they said I should do...

O' let's see...
5 DR.'s later
2 hyda scans
2 CT scans
A MRI (called a MRCP)
Ultrasounds and xrays
I had a scope put into my stomach from my mouth
I had a colonoscopy
Stools and 24 hour urine
Small bowl series
Tons of blood work
and Many trips to the ER with the pain...
I have been on 11 different meds. in the course of 7 months.

Isn't it nice to come somewhere to chat with people who under stand?

Are you taking any medications for the pain or symptoms?
Have you changed your diet?
Do you go to the bathroom normally?

I have given myself a new title...

Dr. Mary

You know why? Because Dr.'s practice medicine...and that is what I have been doing for the last 7 months. Research after research...I am no different from my Dr. other then I don't get paid the big bucks!

I wish you the best.
If you should need to know what has helped me in Heather's book or what I take and do to maintain please let me know!

My email address is barberm10@aol.com

Re: sick of newbie questions? my medical records. gallbladder or ibs? new
      #66947 - 05/03/04 07:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Most of the time, if its your gall bladder you will have acute attacks. Meaning, all the sudden, extreme pain in the chest area. I had my gallbladdder out a few years ago because it was full of stones. I woke up thinking I was having a heart attack and went to the ER at 3 am!

I have not heard of anyones IBS getting better after having the gallbladder removed. Mine got a LOT worse! Unless they do an ultra sound or CT and can say for SURE you have gall stones, I would not have it removed!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Barb, we NEVER get sick of newbie questions!! -nt- new
      #67050 - 05/03/04 12:20 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2327 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review