All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hey Punky....
      #66682 - 05/01/04 10:18 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I totaly understand your bladder problems. Please go ahead and see a urologist. This could be something minor, it could be an infection or an enflamation. I had similar complaints, my uro put me on maintencace anti-B's, Macrodantin. You take it daily,and it sure helps with the pain and frequent urination. Hope this helps, good luck

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey Punky.... new
      #66686 - 05/02/04 12:04 AM
Punky

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona

Hey, thanks for the info...I was refered to a urologist and he's done a few tests-blood work and an IVP, and they've been inconclusive so they are looking into more invasive things. In the meantime they've put me on 15mg of oxybutnin (ditropan) to try and help me out but odly enough it's not doing anything but making everything dry up!! Do you notice any trends w/ that and IBS flare ups?

--------------------
"He has put His angels in charge of you to watch over you where ever you go."

#66698 - 05/02/04 05:43 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I was on ditropan for a while too but I didn't find that it was doing much for me. I had similar symptoms as you, but there was no pain. That'd be the one that'd worry me. I say stick it out or a few months as I seem to remember that it takes a while to kick in.

I still don't have the biggest bladder in the world (which makes my job interesting , but the big problems just kinda went away. I honestly think it was because I just stopped letting it bug me and didn't let myself think about it too much. Mind you, every once and a while if I eat or drink something (Peppermint Tea, Curry) wow, I've got to go like every 20 minutes.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.
Jamie

#67192 - 05/03/04 09:24 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

You know what Punky? I have never correlated the two, actually my urinary problems have not been bothering me as much as the IBS. I think that when I drink too much Peppermint tea, my bladder starts acting up. I dont understand that, but hey, now I know not to suck down so much pptea. it is so good for the tummy though. well we will see.

------------

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is !!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 521

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review