All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Easter - hope it was great!
      #6551 - 04/20/03 02:35 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks to everyone who continually express their support and warm advice to everyone here. It's like having a whole other circle of friends that you've never met.

I had a lovely Easter - very mild symptoms.

Good Friday I cooked Heather's Thai Fried Rice with Shrimp and it was delicious! It was the first time I have ever cooked shrimp/prawns, not because I don't like them but because I was put off by the shelling/ de-heading business.

So I am quite proud of myself!

Best wishes to you all,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Easter - hope it was great! new
      #6552 - 04/20/03 02:41 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Im glad you had a great easter, Kerrie.I was sick as a dog on good friday and saturday, but i felt much better today I ate chicken breast, a baked potato and peas for easter dinner. I thought my stomach was going to be upset, but luckily it wasnt. I was so happy, that i treated myself to crackers and pretzels about a 1/2 hour later. Im also on spring break, so i can look forward to a nice warm rice breakfast tomorrow (Yum,Yum)
>Ps, I kno what you mean by a whole nother circle of friends. None of my school friends know i have IBS and wouldnt know what to say if i told them. I make it simple by telling them Im allergic to alot of foods.lol... hey it works!Happy Holiday

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6559 - 04/20/03 03:14 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Kerri - congrats on the shrimp beheading and peeling. You're lucky you can buy them w/their heads on because that's where all the flavor comes from (and the fat, too!) according to Paul Prudhomme (the GREAT white chef) in Cajun country. We can't get them w/heads on here and they're usually already split down the back,so that makes it easy to peel them.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6562 - 04/20/03 03:23 PM
sona

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: UK

Angela

I'm glad you are feeling better. I have been reading your posts and was sorry to hear that you've been ill. No one outside of my family knows I have IBS, I too say I'm allergic/intolerant to foods and that seems to work for me! I'm currently working with an outside location film set (think wizards and broomsticks) and to get to the loos I have to leap over various children, owls, their handlers and tracker dogs. I'm getting quite good at this, I'm seriously considering applying for a job as a stunt woman!

Enjoy your break.....

#6593 - 04/20/03 06:04 PM
lisalu

Reged: 04/20/03
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi all, Nice to join this board. The good news- I have had a good Easter with no food problems. The bad news- that's cuz I had to leave early since my five year old has a stomach bug. I hope I don't get it. Hope you all made it through the holiday.

#6595 - 04/20/03 07:01 PM
SharonMello

lisalu - welcome to the IBS Boards. Please feel free to ask anything you like--we're here to help you figure stuff out. I'm one of the Recipe Exchange moderators, so cooking is my life (along with gardening, working in our home office, etc, etc.) LOL! I also am on Wt Watchers, so if you need help converting recipes for point values, just ask.

Sorry to hear about your sick little one. Hope you and your 5 yo are okay and glad you had a nice Easter.

Again, welcome.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#6609 - 04/20/03 09:32 PM
carmen

Reged: 03/19/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Im new to this board and its nice to know there are others out there who have similar problems to me. Ive managed to get through Easter relatively ibs free which has been great.

Re: Easter - hope it was great!-Sona new
      #6614 - 04/21/03 04:14 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Sona, If your talking about what i think you talking about, then i am totally jealous! lol. I am the BIGGEST fan of the wizardry world (check profile) hehe. Have fun you lucky dog you!!!!!!!
PS>Im a REAL Mudblood! lol....j/k

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6651 - 04/21/03 04:45 PM
SharonMello

Hi Carmen - welcome to the IBS boards. I suspect you're another lurker, and I'm glad you decided to un-lurk!

Glad you made it thru Easter in good shape. Wish I could say the same, but it is getting better. I'm just a sucker for good food--not necessarily the right food for me, tho.

There are quite a few posters from Australia on the boards and quite a few teachers too. If you click on their board name, it will take you to their bio page and you can check them out. You just might be living around the corner from an IBS neighbor! If you like, I can let you know who is from OZ if you ask.

Again, welcome and keep posting. We love to hear from all you "guys"!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

Edited by SharonMello (04/21/03 04:46 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1089

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review