All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
WOW. i'm such a fool!!!
      #65111 - 04/27/04 09:20 AM
FennelHead

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: S. California

i only just the other day posted how my bf is so sweet and understanding. what an amazing fool i was. we were friends for 10 years and dated for over 1 year, and just broke up 2 days ago. one of the reasons is my IBS. i can't believe it. apparently he has major problems with the fact that i often rather stay in, usually dread the idea of being stuck in a theater or crowded place, and if we DO see a movie, sometimes i have to leave. i just cannot believe this. i honestly thought he was The One. this came as a HUGE surprize... anyway, i just need to vent. i'm not as upset as i was because i'm feeling so numb emotionally, i'm just in shock. anyway, i got my hypno CD's so hopefully that makes me feel better. anyway, if anyone else has ever gone through this, please let me know because right now i just feel like such a fool.

PS. on a more positive note, i LOVE the new peppermint tea!!! heather's seems to work for me MUCH more than any pep tea i've ever bought in the store. i've only tried it these first two days but i love it. it seems to have a more "grassy" flavor? and a LOT stronger. the flavor took a few sips to get used to, but since it seemed to help my bloaty tum i'm DEFINATELY not complaining!

--------------------
julia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Your boyfriend is the fool! new
      #65122 - 04/27/04 09:42 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aw, Julia - I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Breaking up with anyone for any reason can be hard enough, but even more so when it's over something that is hard to control like IBS. Hopefully in the long run it will prove to be the best as you really need someone who will be supportive.

Meanwhile try to relax by inviting some girlfriends over for a chick-flick night or curl up with a really good book that you can lose yourself in!

Remember we're here for you - so keep us updated on how you're doing!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Julia... HE IS THE FOOL NOT YOU!! new
      #65128 - 04/27/04 09:56 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Julia...... If I were there I'm give you a BIG hug.... for may reasons. One the pain you are going through and Two..... how strong you are being!! You are an amazing person.... and any man would be lucky to have you....with a positive attitude and doing so much for yourself to make YOU stronger and get your IBS under control.....

This makes me think of that new country song.... if you have not heard it yet.... you should..... it will make you feel even better!! Here is part of it........ *note: the video is great too. It reminds me of my EX... I and I always feel good about myself after I see it.

Quote:

KEITH URBAN - "You'll Think Of Me"

Take your records, take your freedom
Take your memories I don't need'em
Take your space and take your reasons
But you'll think of me
And take your cat and leave my sweater
'Cause we have nothing left to weather
In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
But you'll think of me

Someday I'm gonna run across your mind
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I'm gonna be alright
While you're sleeping with your pride
Wishing I could hold you tight
I'll be over you
And on with my life

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Julia... HE IS THE FOOL NOT YOU!! new
      #65136 - 04/27/04 10:07 AM
FennelHead

Thank you guys. i don't know why but reading Shell's post just put me over the edge. (crying i mean! but, it's good to cry! especially after feeling numb for 2 days.) i know he's a fool! i KNOW i'm strong! it's just so hard! the thing is, he's going through a lot right now too, but the fact that he would suggest that my tummy issues are part of our problem... i don't know. i mean, he knows i'm taking all these steps (diet changes, teas, hypno, hot water bottles, etc.) to try to get better, or at least stable, and yet now he decides he can't deal with the strain of a relationship. he says he still wants things to work, but that we need at least a month or more apart. fine. but i've pretty much decided that i will NOT take him back even if he sorts out his business, how could i?? How could i EVER take back someone who would do this to me when it's something i have no control over??? i mean, what if he was married to a woman who developed cancer, would he just leave her because she was an inconvenience???? i just feel so angry and so hurt.

i'm gonna go download that song, i have to hear it now.

--------------------
julia

argh. new
      #65137 - 04/27/04 10:08 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i'm sorry he ended up being a turd about your IBS. that's frustrating.

glad you like your peppermint tea, though. a good cup of tea is better than men sometimes, in my opinion!

don't let that dude come around us, or he'll really get it!

--------------------

you'll like the song. it's my favorite on the album! good choice, shel! -nt- new
      #65138 - 04/27/04 10:09 AM
jenX

--------------------

Re: you'll like the song. it's my favorite on the album! good choice, shel! -nt- new
      #65140 - 04/27/04 10:16 AM
FennelHead

i just listened to it, i do like it. i should go buy a country album! usually i don't like country at all, except for Hank Williams III, but right now i could probably use it...

--------------------
julia

Country Music new
      #65146 - 04/27/04 10:25 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

The thing I love most about country music when I'm sad is that there's always a song about a person in a worse situation than me!

I mean.. I'd be horrified if I walked in on my hubby cheating on me with my hairdresser while I accidently shot my dog when hunting and couldn't get my truck started to take him to the vet so the boys came over with some beer...

Kidding - I love country music! Perfect song, Shell! It reminds me of my ex too. The whole album is great!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

i have so many CD's new
      #65152 - 04/27/04 10:29 AM
FennelHead

from so many different genres, i don't think i have the time to dive into something new like country... MAYbe!

but i think i'm gonna go put on my Tragic Kingdom cd and have a good cry to Don't Speak...

--------------------
julia

Re: Country Music new
      #65154 - 04/27/04 10:31 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I kinda had a feeling it would hit home with some others too. The vid is GREAT..... it really tells the story. He ain't bad eye candy either

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Keith is a cutie, too, so well worth it for the eye candy! LOL -nt- new
      #65210 - 04/27/04 11:44 AM
jenX

--------------------

Re: Country Music new
      #65211 - 04/27/04 11:45 AM
jenX

"eye candy" i just said the same thing! that's funny!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review