All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Tara, that was a great post.nt new
      #65651 - 04/28/04 11:37 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Tara new
      #65660 - 04/28/04 11:47 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

you're the sweetest kid in the world and your post made me cry.

just wanted to send you: SMOOCHES! and (((hugs))). hope you're feeling a little better today, dearie.

--------------------

Tara, you're a sweetheart! Love ya loads - nt new
      #65673 - 04/28/04 12:20 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: itsnotfair123 - how are you holding up? new
      #66017 - 04/29/04 03:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi - just wondering how you're making out. Any success with your mom yet? Have you been able to find something to eat? How are you feeling?

Just wanted to check on ya.....

Ditto! I'm worrying about ya! - nt new
      #66029 - 04/29/04 03:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Tara/Jenx new
      #66031 - 04/29/04 03:40 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Ditto! Wow!
Daisy

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Re: How do you people keep gaining weight? new
      #66062 - 04/29/04 04:40 PM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

I have had IBS D since I was 22 and I am now 40. This past fall I had it kick in again pretty badly. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks and I only weighed 110 to begin with. I have always been small so losing weight is the last thing I want. After seeing a GI dr. and getting tests run just to be sure, it resulted in the same old IBS D. My dr admitted to not knowing a lot about what to eat and referred me to a nutritionist. I can't eat dairy and I have a little trouble with wheat. Some of the things on your list would literally kill my stomach. I can't eat "roughage" at all! I am trying to eat rice based products to avoid the wheat and see if I feel better. It actually has helped. I eat rice bread, cream of rice cereal and I mix rice protein powder and rice milk in this to get those extra protein and calcium I need. The nutritionist said it would be a slow process for me to gain, but the protein was really important. It is frustrating, b/c I get on the scales hoping to see my weight go up, but I just maintain. I try not to get stressed b/c that only makes the IBS worse. Everyone on this site that has given me advice say the same things my nutritionist has said. People who have never suffered like us seem to always want to push trigger foods at you. I have a cousin who kept thinking I just didn't want to eat! He kept saying I should be eating lots of burgers and shakes, etc. I said I will lose weight if I eat stuff like that, not gain!!!! Hang in there. Really try to get your parents to get on this site or at least get a nutritionist's advice. Trigger foods will just keep making it worse and you will keep losing. Good luck. I get down about it too, but you have to keep positive and take it one step at a time.

that's exactly what i was about to post! where are you? how are you? new
      #66065 - 04/29/04 04:48 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

let me know if you still want me to help you with coming up with ideas of foods you can eat that are more high-cal.

hope you're ok.

sorry i didn't get to the boards 'til just now, but i've been sick today myself.

--------------------

Re: How do you people keep gaining weight? new
      #66066 - 04/29/04 04:49 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I lost a pile of weight in the beginning when the symptoms really kicked in, about 15-20 pounds in about three weeks through both not being able to eat and not keeping up weight training at the gym. It was scary for a while, but as I eventually figured out what I could/couldn't eat, it bottomed out and then started to rise again. I've been pretty dedicated to my diet so far and have gained some (about 10 lbs) of the weight back in the last number of years. As long as you have a diet that helps you out, you don't really have to worry about excess loss, although it usually does take some time to figure out what you can/can't eat.

I was wondering too...I've been worrying new
      #66103 - 04/29/04 05:54 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Are you okay? I've been on pins and needles all day. Please say you're okay. Okay. Can I tell you something. When you get really frustrated...think of this. Think that you've already been through so much that you would have been wasting your time if you don't conquer this situation. All of those past days you've been in misery or felt alone...Just realize one thing that I found when i was reading a meditation book..some monk said that in his meditation he found that God put people on Earth so he would have people to love. And I just realized. Wow. I'm here for a reason and even if I have to go through this it'll help people in the future. See....hope this helps. HOpe you're okay. Really...I hope you're okay...honestly

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19687

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review