All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: How do you people keep gaining weight? new
      #65320 - 04/27/04 02:46 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Not if they realized your really looking hard for help! I feel bad for you! Have you told them about this board? What about Heathers books? Do they know that you have been looking into other things that can help you? Wouldn't your parents be happy that your trying to get better and be pleased that you found something that might help?

How long have you had IBS? Are you sure you have IBS??? I know that you really want to gain weight! I know that this can be done on this diet!

You need to be eating pasta, breads, smoothies with protien powder! I think you need to show your parents this board and have them get Heathers book! Don't be afraid. If they want you to get better I'm sure they would be willing to take a look at this!

Everyone on this board is helpful and kind! I sure hope you will tell your parents about this board!

Good luck and please tell them about this! I don't know your parents...but I know I woldn't be mad at my kids for looking into getting better!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#65325 - 04/27/04 02:50 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Tell them you've been doing research into your condition. This site has the best info on IBS anywhere. Please get them to get and read Heather's books or log on or give me an email. You're parents obviously love you, so I hope they wouldn't be mad about you trying to get help! It shows intiative!

#65326 - 04/27/04 02:50 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I would hope they wouldn't get mad at you! They should understand that you're trying to help yourself get better...if you were anorexic I don't think it's very likely you'd be so interested in finding IBS-safe ways to help you gain weight

It can be tough with parents, especially if they're the cooks and the grocery buyers, but hopefully they can help you out.

Have you ever been tested for Celiac? Because that can cause a lot of weight loss in some people and make it very difficult to gain it back, and a lot of the symptoms are similar to IBS. Just a thought...

Hang in there!

#65328 - 04/27/04 02:54 PM
itsnotfair123

Reged: 04/23/04

Thank you.

My parents think that I don't want to get better, but I do! I have been diagnosed that FOR SURE I have IBS... Just no doctor has ever seen such as extreme case of one. That's why they say that I might also have an eating disorder... AND I DON'T! GOSH!

I have been resisting and arguing with my parents because I don't like the decisions they are making, because those foods I don't like, don't want, or just plain hurt BAD. But they don't care because I have to gain weight.

I just wish I could prove to them that it's about calories, and not fat. I know I need to gain weight, and I'm trying really hard. I just don't like their way of doing it with the trigger foods. I want to gain weight one the foods I like, and are okay for my stomach. If only they could just understand that...

I hope they don't get mad at me when I show them this board...

#65329 - 04/27/04 02:55 PM
itsnotfair123

Yes, I've been tested for everything. I only have IBS, luckily.

Mad parents! new
      #65330 - 04/27/04 02:56 PM
Linz

They'll be fine. This place is cool. We're all normal people (well, normal as in kinda crazy!, but who isn't?) that've got together to help each other with our IBS under the loving wing of Heather (sorry Heather, don't mean to make you sound like a chicken! ).

Re: Mad parents! new
      #65331 - 04/27/04 02:58 PM
itsnotfair123

Oh thank you everyone so much! I REALLY hope that once I show them, they'll change their minds... But it's also up to that dumb doctor!

Doctors and mad parents! new
      #65332 - 04/27/04 03:01 PM
Linz

You just wait till your parents get mad with the doctor for giving them and you dud advice! Parents can get things done so much easier! My Dad got mad with my old doctors and made them listen to me so I was diagnosed and I was 20 at the time!

NO!!!! It's up to you! new
      #65333 - 04/27/04 03:05 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Ok...one thing you need to know is that Doc's don't know everything! There are some really DUMB Dr's out there!!!!! I bet your parents will be happy to see these boards! Then they will know that you want to get better! You can show them from these boards that it doesn't have to be fat! IT can be calories! I bet you can get your mom on the recipe board and she can find some great recipes! I just know they will be happy to see that your trying!

Go to your library and check out Heathers books!!! Then let your parents look at them! I bet they will go and buy them!

Don't wait! Show the boards to them tonight! And then go get the first years book and the cook book! You'll love the breads and desserts!! And everything else!!!!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

--------------------

Re: NO!!!! It's up to you! new
      #65336 - 04/27/04 03:22 PM
itsnotfair123

I just showed my mom this page.

She said that it doesn't matter what you guys say because I'm so underweight that I'm close to going to the hospital. She also kept going on about fat.

She said I have to eat,eat,eat and that each "trigger" food is different for everyone.

I told her I know my trigger foods!

My mom isn't happy that I've been talking to you because you don't understand how underweight I am...Which is 40 pounds underweight.

My mom also doesn't care about trigger foods.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 898 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19684

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review