All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Peanut Butter new
      #64938 - 04/26/04 05:47 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I've got a question - don't laugh!! What kind of bread do you eat PB&J on?? I'm still new at this and I've just been eating sourdough bread plain most of the time. I would kill for a PB&J!! Are there any "sandwich" white breads that are safe? Are we not supposed to eat wheat bread at all? Or just whole grain wheat? Is honey wheat ok? Sorry so many questions!

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#64972 - 04/26/04 08:42 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

I've got a question - don't laugh!! What kind of bread do you eat PB&J on?? I'm still new at this and I've just been eating sourdough bread plain most of the time. I would kill for a PB&J!! Are there any "sandwich" white breads that are safe? Are we not supposed to eat wheat bread at all? Or just whole grain wheat? Is honey wheat ok? Sorry so many questions!

Well it depends, some breads that say wheat are actually just refined flour with dark coloring, to make it look like it's whole grains. The best way is to check the ingrediants, and to see if there's fiber in it(if there is, be careful). Personally I just use plain white bread like Wonder, or the store brand kind. This past time I got this stuff that's low calorie but has soy fiber in it...not sure how it is yet.

--------------------
IBS-C

#64988 - 04/27/04 05:23 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ok maybe I'll try that! But doesn't some list say not to eat Wonder bread? Or is that just when you're having attacks?

--------------------
~Cara~

#65029 - 04/27/04 06:40 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

i'm using plain white bread or plain bagels. i use to eat multi-grain, but i'm not sure now. i do eat sourdough pretzels. i hear honey is okay. the white bread i use to get had butter, but i'm trying to find just a plain one. hope other answer your question too. good luck!

#65032 - 04/27/04 06:42 AM
Lilybear

Thank you for letting me know which to use:) I will pick up some waffles and Peter Pan creamy on my next grocery visit. Have a nice day:)

#65033 - 04/27/04 06:43 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm so envious of all you people who can enjoy peanut butter. There's something about peanuts that has bothered me ever since developing IBS... I just can't seem to eat any peanut products. But the good thing to come out of this is that I make a mean soynut butter and jelly sandwich! Had one yesterday, as a matter of fact.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Reduced fat JIF!!! YUMMY!! new
      #65034 - 04/27/04 06:44 AM
Lilybear

Thanks StephS!!! I look forward to having peanut butter with my sandwiches now:)

Re: Soynut butter new
      #65039 - 04/27/04 06:49 AM
Lilybear

I'm sorry you can't enjoy peanuts or peanut butter:( Soynut butter? Wow! I must find a health food store around my area!! I've only gone to Farm Fresh (east coast) bcos they are the only one near me with soy products. It made me so happie to go there and see that they support this lifestyle. I tried looking online for healthfood stores near me, but couldn't find it. Maybe the yellow pages can give me something. I'm somewhat new to this diet so its really exciting for me to try these new products. I bought a soy yogurt (mango & peaches) the other day & it was yummy. I liked it better than regular yougurt. Have a good day:)

#65043 - 04/27/04 06:52 AM
Lilybear

Thanks fishnets for your reply:) I will try out the reduced fat type. I'm glad to be eating peanut butter again. I have a recipe for a peanut butter banana milkshake. Maybe I should post it?

Re: Soynut butter new
      #65045 - 04/27/04 06:53 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yep, soynut butter! This is the brand I buy... I get the one at the far left. I also have the chocolate one on the right and use that as a little treat now and then!

IM Healthy

It tastes a lot like PB, but with a slightly different taste. I actually enjoy it, though... and it's a little bit lower in fat than PB. Not much, but a little.

I agree, it's fun trying all sorts of new products. So what brand was this mango and peaches soy yogurt?? That sounds amazing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 341 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review