Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Bloating and Gas
      #63703 - 04/22/04 07:41 AM
Denise

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Utah

Good Morning Everyone,

I have had IBS-C for about 10 years. I think it started in my early 20s when I developed a slight eating disorder. I have been to a gastroenterologist and tried Zelnorm and a couple of different anti-depressants. I am currently taking Celexa, which helps me stay a little more regular. However, I am so, so tired of being bloated and full of gas everyday. I am considering trying to take something to help with the gas such as Beano, Gas-X, Peppermint Caps etc. Can anyone please give me some feedback about what has worked or not worked for them? I would appreciate any info or recommendations that I can get. Thank you so much!!

Denise

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bloating and Gas new
      #63705 - 04/22/04 07:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Fennel tea is amazing for bloating!

Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * new
      #63720 - 04/22/04 08:11 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

fennel tea.

PS: if you get heartburn or have GERD, you may want to go slow with the peppermint caps as some people have said that they aggrevate those conditions....

*j

--------------------

Re: Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * new
      #63738 - 04/22/04 08:34 AM
Denise

Thank you!! I have never been a huge fan of teas. Can you try and describe the taste to me?

Re: Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * Fennel Tea * new
      #63742 - 04/22/04 08:36 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

It's sorta black licorice-y. I like it with a bit of honey drizzled in. Even if you don't like the taste, try and get it down because you will feel WAY better after!

--------------------
~jules

#63744 - 04/22/04 08:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you don't like the taste of licorice like me, then what I do is mix the tea with Chamomile and dried Lavender. It then tastes yummy!

hmmm..... new
      #63745 - 04/22/04 08:39 AM
jenX

let's see.

fennel tastes a little like anise-- it's like a mellow black licorice taste. i like it, but it took me a few days to get used to it (i do NOT like black licorice, but that's more intense than the tea).

i usually swirl in a little honey or toss in a pinch of cardamom. those change the taste subtly enough that it's not too sweet.

by the way, as long as you don't find fennel objectionable, once you see how it works you'll drink it like a madman when you're bloaty! it really works!

if you're used to sodas and coffee, like i was, tea tastes kinda boring. but once you're off the sodas and coffee for a few weeks, you forget your craving for strong tastes like that and the more subtle flavors of teas really start to feel good! i'm a tea junkie, now, and i used to be a hardcore coffee gal!

--------------------

#63746 - 04/22/04 08:42 AM
Denise

Thank you so much!! Do you order yours from Heather's website or purchase it locally? I'm considering ordering the Herbal Kit #1 (fennel tea and peppermint tea and caps). Have you tried the pepperment caps?

fennel tea new
      #63749 - 04/22/04 08:45 AM
jenX

i ordered my first batch from Heather along with my acacia.

i haven't found it locally, and i'm almost out. i'm probably going to reorder from Heather 'cause i know her fennel tastes fresh (if the last batch was any indication), as opposed to ordering it from someone else online...

*j

--------------------

Fennel seed question new
      #63752 - 04/22/04 08:47 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Would grinding the Fennel seed in a coffee grinder and then mixing it in with cereal or something work just as well?

I was thinking this might help stop the bloating before it starts. Or what about just chewing on the fennel seed? Would these work just as well as brewing it?

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3802

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review