All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello...I am new here but not to IBS...(more)
      #633 - 02/10/03 12:52 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I was diagnosed with IBS about 7 years ago, but once I found out what was going on I realized I have suffered with IBS for most of my 35 years. For the most part, I am able to keep it under controll now, but lately I am haveing more anxiety attack type symptoms and find that when my husband and I are out shopping, etc., I have the need to be near a restroom more often. I can be fine at home and then as soon as we start walking around the mall, etc. it hits me. It's so frustrating because we have to cut our shopping trip short. Any suggestions? I have recently started Yoga...just bought the Rodney Yee tapes and do it at home.

Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello...I am new here but not to IBS...(more) new
      #641 - 02/10/03 03:47 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! I know EXACTLY how you feel. I swear there's something in the air in malls, because as soon as I get into one, I have to abandon all dignity running to a bathroom for an attack. It doesn't even really matter what I eat - still happens. I have no suggestions for you, only sympathy. It's so frustrating because I LOVE to shop. So if anyone has a magic solution, I'd love to know.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#648 - 02/11/03 07:22 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thank you Hansolo....
I'm better when I am by myself because I know that if any "emergency" comes up it's only me that has to worry about it...You know what I mean? Then again...sometimes it's not a problem at all. It's so frustrating. It's nice to know, though, that there is a place like this where we can discuss these matters with people who are going through the same thing. My husband is real understanding, but I think he still feels it's more of a mind over matter sort of thing. I tell him that it's hard to explain and truly understand unless you go through it yourself. It helps that he is so supportive and understanding...but it's frustrating for him as well.

Take care!
Jinn

#655 - 02/11/03 08:18 AM
Yolanda

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: New Hampshire

Welcome! I was IBS-D and now have been IBS-C for several years. I still get anxious when going out to malls, long trips, people's houses, etc. I don't know when it will go away, but Yoga has helped me. Knowing how to breath properly makes me feel calmer. Sounds funny, but it does! So glad your here! It's nice to have people to talk to who understand.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 722 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review