Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Restaurant eating
      #6215 - 04/16/03 08:11 AM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

Hello Ya'll,
It's me again-always full of questions. I was wondering if in the Eating For IBS book it has suggestions for eating at restaurants? (Mine should be in the mail right now). If not, can ya'll give me any suggestions (mexican, italian, chinese, american, etc.). Ya'll are so much help, and have already been such a blessing. I check these boards probably ten times a day just to find any new information. Thanks again.
canyontinsley

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Restaurant eating new
      #6220 - 04/16/03 08:19 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

If you go to the link at the top of the page for the "blue" book, there is a section in there for eating at restaurants. It is very helpful!

-Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Sushi is my friend new
      #6221 - 04/16/03 08:22 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Do you like sushi? I was sooooooooooooooo happy to hear that sushi is an IBS safe food.

Yes, there is a section in this book for restaurants - it is very helpful!

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

#6247 - 04/16/03 01:14 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yes, the Eating for IBS book has lots of suggestions. TessLouise also started a post on the recipe board for our favourite SAFE restaurant dishes. Take a look!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#6250 - 04/16/03 01:19 PM
canyontinsley

I looked under all of her posts and I can't find it. Can you tell me what the subject title is? Thanks!
canyontinsley

#6252 - 04/16/03 01:29 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Here you go: http://www.ibsboards.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=recipe&Number=933&Forum=All_Forums&Words=restaurant&Match=And&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=933&Search=true#Post933

#6337 - 04/17/03 01:43 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

OOOOHHH sushi is so good! The only thing I have to be careful of is overeating, which is a trigger no matter what the food.

For anyone out there who is grossed out at the thought of raw fish, I would like to suggest California rolls: avacado, cucumber, cooked crabmeat and of course rice. No raw fish there, and a great light & tasty snack!

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#6345 - 04/17/03 03:01 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

the only kindof seafood ive ever had was flouder and pollack. My fam's not big fish eaters, but im sure once i get out on my own, i'll make seafood one of the biggest courses in my diet

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6346 - 04/17/03 03:03 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

What! Your family doesn't like seafood? You guys aren't originally from Jersey, are you? LOL Don't you go to the shore?

#6347 - 04/17/03 03:11 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

lol, mags. my fam. HATES seafood. they can barely tolerate fish. Yeah, we're all from jersey, born and raised. my fams a big ground beef fan.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6355 - 04/17/03 03:38 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Mmmmmmmm... seafood......

Being from Nova Scotia, we used to have fish/scallops/mussles, etc. all the time. It was sooooo good. Unfortunately it's more difficult to get that sort of thing in the midwest for a reasonable price. I still pick up some shark or cod from time to time (at Trader Joe's actually -- it's like the seafood store) as a bit of a treat.

(is there stock in Trader Joe's? I should buy some given the amount that I mention it.)

#6370 - 04/17/03 07:04 PM
Laurie

Loc: Houston, TX

I couldn't survive without my flounder and trout. One good thing about hubby's obsession with fishing. He gets a break from chicken and I get yummy fish. Now if I could just get him to pick up shrimp on his way home from fishing. Best thing about living in a coastal area, if I can't have the rest of the foods I love, at least I can have boiled shrimp and broiled fish.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#6371 - 04/17/03 07:08 PM
Laurie

Loc: Houston, TX

I had such a horrible experience on my wedding anniversary in November, I haven't actually ate in a restaurant since. We pick up and bring home, but I have severe anxiety over my IBS-D. I usually trigger my own attacks with my wonderful brain. I do knwo that eating some FF crackers used to help when I had an empty stomach. I try to eat baked, grilled, or broiled food. If you react easily to triggers, DON'T eat the salad on an empty stomach, if at all. Either eat it last, cancel it, or take it home. Don't over eat and cut the portions into half.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#6659 - 04/21/03 05:22 PM
canyontinsley

I don't like meat period, especially fish. I don't know why, I've just never had a taste for it. After you suggested this though I went to a place and found VEGETARIAN SUSHI! It had no fish whatsoever. Just veggies in the middle. It was delicious. Now that my stomach has shrunk from eating so little, I can eat four pieces at lunch and five at dinner. Thank you for your wonderful suggestion! Besides I live by Amarillo, Texas so imagine my choice of fish, not to mention fresh fish. No choice! Thanks again.

#6823 - 04/22/03 06:09 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! If you ever venture out and try the fish, I highly recommend the sake, toro and unagi. YUM!!!

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 843 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2576

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review