All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Preparing for trip
      #61071 - 04/14/04 11:20 AM
pendu

Reged: 09/19/03

Hi. Just finished some antibiotics that trashed my guts. So I am worried about an upcoming trip. In addition to my Metamucil, Bentyl and Imodium, I plan to take instant oatmeal, baked chips, fruit teas, instant chicken noodle soup,chamomile tea etc. but I am still anxious. Am I overlooking anthing? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Preparing for trip new
      #61084 - 04/14/04 11:42 AM
CMBickel

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

You go girl! Sounds like you've got everything under control with what your taking with you. Be careful about your "triggers" like greasy foods etc. Enjoy, relax, have fun. CMB :grin: [color:blue] [/color]

Edited by CMBickel (04/14/04 11:43 AM)

#61154 - 04/14/04 01:46 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

that's a great list to start with....but don't forget:

a heating pad
apple sauce cups
graham crackers
rice cakes

just a few suggestions....good luck and have a great time!!

#61158 - 04/14/04 01:56 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Peppermint Tabs and acacia with a spoon! Good to go! Enjoy!! I recently traveled, and worked like a charm!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#61160 - 04/14/04 01:59 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hey, I'm going away this weekend too! It sounds like you're doing a great job of thinking ahead, there's only one thing I can think to add. When I go away I usually bake up a safe quick bread or some muffins the night before and bring them along for breakfasts. It's often so tough to get good breakfasts in restaurants unless you want toast or a bagel, and I find it really helps stabalize me if I bring something I know is totally safe to start my day off with. Just a suggestion!

So, where are you going?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#61186 - 04/14/04 03:02 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! You may want to take some probiotics to help get your gut back in working order. I'm on antibiotics now and need to get up to the HFS to get some probiotics for myself. In the meantime, I've been eating soy yogurt which did help today (yesterday was hell!).

Anyway, hope you have a great trip!

#61333 - 04/15/04 06:36 AM
pendu

Thanks for the tips. I never travel without the heating pad any more, but I forgot about apple sauce cups.

#61335 - 04/15/04 06:40 AM
pendu

Thanks. I am taking acidophilus and milk yogurt. Haven't found soy yogurt yet. I've about given up on antibiotics, but I have an infection I can't seem to clear. Can you manage your symptoms with probiotics or do you just accept that you will be very ill for 10 or so days and cut yourself some slack. It worries me that I can't take antibiotics anymore.

#61337 - 04/15/04 06:44 AM
pendu

Thanks for the idea of baked goods. Now that I have learned that vanilla soy milk isn't poison, I am planning to do some baking with it. Maybe bannana or zuchhini bread or apple spice. I will be going to Williamsburg and S. Carolina for about a weeks trip to attend a wedding. Lots of great food that I probably shouldn't eat. Oh well.

#61338 - 04/15/04 06:46 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I know how you feel about not being able to eat the great food. But just remind yourself of how miserable your trip could be if you cheat! I actually find that it's easier for me to be good while I'm traveling because I know how much it would stink to be sick while I'm away from home!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review