All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Body for Life and IBS
      #600 - 02/09/03 11:29 AM
fredvig

Reged: 02/07/03

I'm pretty underweight (140 lb and 6ft), and would like to put on some weight and muscle. I'm looking into the Body for Life program, and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it. A great deal of the recommended foods are the same as the IBS diet, but there are supplements involved. Which brings me to another question. Anyone here have a recommendation on a multivitamin. I've tried a few in the past, but they seem to mess up my stomach (at least I think it was the vitamins)
Thanks,
FV

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Body for Life and IBS new
      #608 - 02/09/03 07:05 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

FV - I take Spring Valley Mature Sentury-Vite formulated for adults 50+ (which is me 58). They have no preservatives or artificial flavors and are compared to Centrum Silver. I get it at Wal-Mart. Trader Joe's has good brands of vitamins/supplements with no added extras. Vitamins and supplements don't seem to bother me--I don't think, but as I think of it, maybe that's why I get gas in the evening after dinner. I take some of my supplements at dinner but the vitamin I take with my a.m. meal and it doesn't seem to bother me. I think the gas is from the fiber pill I take with dinner so I didn't take it tonight and I'll see (or hear) what happens!

As for you putting on weight--??? I have the exact opposite problem. Heather would probably be a better one to ask about that or HanSolo--she's pretty knowledgeable too. I guess it depends on what triggers your ibs.

Good Luck.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#612 - 02/09/03 10:00 PM
Shawna

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Middle of nowhere in the desert, Ca

I don't know much about body for life. But, I have the same problem with vitamins thrashing my stomach. I take children's chewables. I have compared them with regular multi vitamins, and for the most part they have just as many vitamins and minerals, if not more. And they don't seem to bother me as badly as the others. I am no nutritionist or anything, but I figure that some type of vitamins is better than none. And I won't take a regular multi vitamin. I hope this helps!
Shawna

--------------------
SLicK

#739 - 02/12/03 11:11 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

It sounds silly really, I was diagnosed by an herbalist. And the way she diagnosed was by doing what is called "iris testing" Supossidly she could look into your iris and tell what the problem was, and that was you dianosis. I had alot of people that swore by her, so I figured what the heck. And to be honest the things that she told me made sense and fit my symptoms, etc. Crazy I know!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 918 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review