All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tender stomach/onset of IBS after pregancy
      #59942 - 04/10/04 11:21 AM
Kath

Reged: 05/27/03

Hi, I have two questions: Is it common to have a tender to touch stomach with IBS? and Is it common to begin to have IBS after a pregancy as I seem to have done? (prior to my pregnancy I could eat everything without problems). Thank you for any responses.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: tender stomach/onset of IBS after pregancy new
      #59957 - 04/10/04 12:17 PM
FutureDoc

Reged: 04/02/04

Hi! I've been told that I have IBS and my stomach is very tender to the touch. I almost can't lay on my stomach at night cuz its soooo painful. I don't know if this is normal and I'm curious to see what other people say. I have also been told that I could have endometriosis so maybe thats why I have such bad pain. Good luck and hope that you feel better soon!

#59959 - 04/10/04 12:25 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I find when I am laying on my back and poke around my stomach it is tender. Especially the areas near my hip bones.

--------------------
Janey

#59979 - 04/10/04 02:42 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

My stomach gets sore to the touch too, sometimes, but when it's not too sore to the touch (but still hurting..stomach cramps..hate 'em )I find lying on my stomach helpful maybe cause of the heat/pressure or something. Who knows

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#59980 - 04/10/04 02:43 PM
tarabara04

Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Yeah..when I lay on my back my stomach is especially sore. Sore to the touch and i start to get stomach cramps. So...I just don't lie on my back much...unless i have to at the dr's or somethin'

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#60020 - 04/10/04 05:35 PM
bearyd

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: fl

Well we definately have something in common. I too did not have any ibs symptoms until after the birth of my son this past June. In the beginning, before I could figure out what was wrong, I would have a tender stomach...especially if I moved a certain way or touched it in certain places. THat was really on the lower protion of my stomach though, below the belly button. I would get terrible nausea too. THe docotrs still don't know if there is any relation to my c-section birth or not.

--------------------
Carrie

#60039 - 04/10/04 09:57 PM
DanaNoel

Loc: Houston, Texas

My IBS symptoms happend after the birth of my chld as well. Like you, I also had a C-Section which could be the root cause. Not only did I get IBS, but gallstones as well. The doctor said the hormones during pregnancy caused gallstones to form in my gall bladder. 6 weeks after my C-Section I had to go back to the hospital to have my gall bladder removed. Funny, for me, the actual pregnancy was a breeze. It was the aftermath that almost killed me

--------------------
Dana

#60167 - 04/11/04 07:45 PM
Kath

Reged: 05/27/03

Thank you for all your responses. I wonder what happens to us when we are pregant to bring this on? I am no longer worried that may be something else besides my IBS might be causing my stomach to be so painful. Thanks

#60192 - 04/12/04 05:41 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Hi Kath,
That was me. Mine started within a week of my last delivery. That was over 4 years ago. I had a very difficult labor and delivery with her and that is the only thing that comes to mind for the reason. I'm pregnant now and have been feeling great. It's kind of weird to hardly have any morning sickness this time. I am also starting to be able to eat a lot of things I couldn't before. I won't tell you what I ate this weekend cause you all will be mad at me. There was a post last year about this and I remember KinOz saying her started after her son was born. I know we were both hoping it would go away after we had another baby since that is how it started.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review