All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stomach stability.....I think I have it now....does anyone else?
      #58965 - 04/07/04 07:14 PM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

I have been following Heather's diet pretty well for the past month and I have made some huge steps. Today for lunch I had chinese vegetables, including broccoli and cabbage!!!! I ate them and felt fine all afternoon! I ate them with a good amount of rice, so I am sure that helped me.

So I wanted to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience as me when it comes to difficult foods?? I would love to know.

Have a good day!
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I am also doing much better ! new
      #58968 - 04/07/04 07:36 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I've been following this diet since mid November. It has taken me a while to really "get it".

August through mid November I WAS SO SICK !!! I could not even walk down the block. I was afraid to eat which made me very weak and dizzy all of the time.

This has been a journey for me. I am not 100% yet but I am Sooooooo much better than I was five months ago. I have not had D for the past three weeks which is the best I've done so far. Sometimes I get triggered and can't figure out what I did wrong but at least I recover from it quickly. I have NOT had to take any Lomotil (like Immodium AD) for five months now. I also still get stomach aches or light headedness but it is manageable.

My guess is I am still consuming small amounts of problem foods without even realizing it - which causes discomfort. EXAMPLE: The soy cheese I was buying (Tofu Rella)and using not in large quantities but still consuming... I just found out last week that it has milk in it. I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier. I don't get it - who would choose tofu cheese if you could eat the real thing???

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are also feeling better. It really helps having this forum to understand things.

Blessings,
Leigh

Re: Stomach stability new
      #59012 - 04/08/04 02:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm loads better now and only have problems if I eat something REALLY bad (like the little Easter eggs I wolfed down this morning! ) or have other problems, like my Fibro flaring up. This diet kicks ass!

Re: Stomach stability.....I think I have it now....does anyone else? new
      #59021 - 04/08/04 04:29 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I have been following Heather's diet since Nov. and I did really well, weeks without D. Then Christmas came and did terrible and paid for it. I really am much better than I was before because I never knew when the D would hit. Now I pretty much know if I go off the diet I will pay with a tummy ache, etc. I still have days when I cheat and I can't seem to help myself but for the most part I feel so much better. Before I found this diet I had a stomach ache every single day of my life. I really am very grateful that I now know the right way to eat for me. It gets easier and easier to eat the right foods and the more I do the more the old fatty foods just don't taste good to me anymore.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Stomach stability new
      #59046 - 04/08/04 06:49 AM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

Yes Linz, I think that milk chocolate is one of my triggers. I am going to stay away from it now, because I know it can cause me discomfort.

Gotta live and learn though...I am not one to disregard a food that is "questionable" until I eat and figure out its affects. I have already limited my food list and I do not want to continue to limit it unnecessarily!

thanks,
Amy

#59326 - 04/08/04 04:25 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

I'm almost afraid to say anything in case I jinx it but I've been on the diet for a couple of weeks now , taking Acacia (3 tablespoons a day) and for the past three days I've had a poop every day! (this is where Rutchie's happy dance comes in!) Since I'm IBS-A this has just rocked my world and I feel much much better! I didn't think it was possible!

I am sticking to the diet in the hopes that this keeps up! All this worrying about pooping though will probably get me tense so I'm trying not to think about IT!

Stomach stability new
      #59365 - 04/08/04 05:15 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

yes, i'm stable. love it!

just don't get too crazy about the formerly "bad" foods... i got a little cocky months ago and got really sick! make sure you pace it out. but actually, i can eat quite a few things i used react quite badly to now that i have the acacia and i eat whatever the bad stuff is with my soluble fiber.

glad to hear you're stable!

--------------------

#59392 - 04/08/04 06:30 PM
Cate712

Reged: 07/18/03
Loc: Missouri

Hi Amy! I've been on Heather's diet since last July and am doing better than I have in years. I, as everyone else, let the trigger foods get to me and I pay however. Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter are hard for me since I'm a chocoholic. This past weekend I went to a conference and had to eat out every meal. The group dinners were the worst since everyone was served the same meal. However, the hotel was accomodating and served me non-dairy meals and a big fruit plate for dessert. I had to watch everyone else with their spectacular entrees and desserts...it was a bit depressing. My husband got frustrated with me since I was a bit vocal about my diet and the "poor me" attitude. He wants me to try the Lactaid tablets so I can eat dairy. No way! However, if he wants less sex, I can do the dairy and be bloated and in pain. Now that I'm home, I'm back on my IBS diet and getting back on track knowing that I can feel better.

Keep up the good work with your diet! Life is definitely better with it.

Catherine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review