All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: Regarding B C pills new
      #57350 - 04/02/04 02:03 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ana, my doc also told me BC pills couldn't be causing me IBS problems... but I don't know that I believe her. I'm planning on asking my gyno when I go in next. I think she would be more informed about it. It seems like my problems may have started worsening about the time I got on the pill 5 years ago too.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Welcome Vikki! new
      #57356 - 04/02/04 02:08 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Pat,
sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble. I am grateful for the health care system up here, it is nice to not have to worry about money when going to the doctor. The wait times really depend on where you live, the city I'm in has a real problem with doctor shortages right now, so that's why it's so long. But other places aren't as bad.
As for the sulphur connection, I'm really not sure...have you tried asking a pharmacist or looking the drug up online? Maybe you could find something there? I'm sure it's possible it could be affecting things, because many medicines do, but I haven't heard anything for sure.
I hope you feel better soon!
Kelly

#57368 - 04/02/04 02:20 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

i just keeping having these - wow, why didn't i think of that! - moments when i'm in these message boards. i agree the gyne should know better!

i did notice that when i was breastfeeding and not on the prenatal vitamins i seemed to be less C but i attributed that to all the water i was drinking (it felt like i NEVER stopped drinking water through the day and night when i was nursing my daughter).

now that i'm not nursing any more and back on BC the C (with the "explosions" after 4 or 5 days of C) has come back

C with explosions of D every few days?? new
      #57372 - 04/02/04 02:33 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

Quote:

now that i'm not nursing any more and back on BC the C (with the "explosions" after 4 or 5 days of C) has come back

Ana (and everybody else) -- I have the same issue of explosions every 2-3 days, with no BMs inbetween, but I have never really thought of myself as being "C" just because I don't have a BM every day. Is this wrong? (In other words, is this indeed C, and therefore I am IBS-A??) And should I be less focused on the IBS-D diet/triggers/etc. than I have been???

Re:B C pills? stress. new
      #57378 - 04/02/04 02:48 PM
sisSunshine

Reged: 04/02/04

I don't know about the BC pill connection, at least with me. I've had constipation troubles all my life and have been on BC for only relatively short times twice before now. I've been on BC since May 2003 and have not seen an increase in gastro trouble. My worst trouble comes from stress and I can document every terrible bout of IBS due to stress I've ever had.
I will pay more attention to BC, though. Just to make sure. They do contain lactose in very small quanities.

#57379 - 04/02/04 02:50 PM
JodiTrevizo

Reged: 04/02/04

I believe my problem and bloating was significantly heightened by going on birth control pills before I got married. I asked my doctor if there was a pill that did not cause so much bloating and it's called Yasmin, but my insurance didn't cover it--so I'm taking a generic Ortho Tri-cyclen. If any of you can afford the Yasmin, look into it if you're on B C Pills.

Jodi

Re: C with explosions of D every few days?? new
      #57480 - 04/03/04 07:47 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

i'm not really clear on the classifications either! i assumed that i was abs-c because the biggest thing on my mind is - how long has it been since i pooped! usually what happens to me is i eat something or drink something that triggers a reaction (after 3 - 6 days of C) and i RUN to the bathroom and have an attack - cramps, pain and tons of D, nasuea sometimes feel like i have to vomit but i don't vomit (not to be graphic but sometimes i'm surprised that there's that much in there after an attack!). i also have mucous in the poop - don't know if that's normal or not?

usually after those "attacks" i feel exhausted, pain in the tummy, quesey and shaky.

i thought it was "C" because i generally don't have D every day.

can someone clarify the difference between C and D and A!?

Re: Patch - crampgirl!! new
      #57481 - 04/03/04 07:59 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I still have my regular IBS which flares up when I eat the wrong thing of major stress BUT it isn't the every day kind with even a sip of water like I had with the patch. Don't want to discourage you from trying it. We are all different and anything is worth trying. Just didn't want anything to think that if they have problems with the pill and then try the patch and still have problems that it isn't hormones because it very well still could be hormones as a big contributing factor. If any of you don't need it for birth control (or can use another good method for a while) it might be worth a try to try going off just to see if it helps you with your IBS.

Re: C with explosions of D every few days?? new
      #57499 - 04/03/04 10:01 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

just because you don't have d every day doesnt mean yr not d

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

C, D, and A new
      #57527 - 04/03/04 11:35 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

There's not always a clear-cut difference between C, D, and A, but here's how I usually think of them.

C is when you have problems with contipation, or not being able to "go". I have C and I actually go ALMOST every day now that I'm on the diet, but it's really a struggle to keep it like that sometimes. I also have the bloating and other symptoms that typically go along with C.

D is diarrhea, obviously. But as Laura said, being D doesn't mean you have it EVERY day. It just means you're prone to that and don't usually have problems getting plugged up... usually quite the opposite!

A is when you alternate between C and D. That's what I was for a while before starting the diet. Usually what happens when you have A is you get yourself so constipated that your tummy ends up spasming and you have attacks of D. Then often you become C again, then D, etc.

That's just how I understand them, but everyone's different!

By the way, mucous in your stool is fairly normal for IBS. I wouldn't worry about it. It's blood you need to watch out for.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1902 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16217

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review