All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Nexium and its adverse reactions on me! I HATE MEDS!
      #55695 - 03/29/04 03:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My disclaimer: First off, I'm a rarity. I even had probs with tylenol with codeine! The most common side effects of Nexium are headache.

Diarrhea, screaming headaches, increase in appetite (again!), and confusion! I couldn't stop laughing and crying at the same time (it wasn't funny! It was scary and I felt totally outta control!) It even gave me a fever. And, yes, all ALL of these symptoms were listed on the info. about the med and its side effects.

I spent most of the afdternoon in the bathroom with major D and nasuea!

Will this illness soap opera that is my life ever end?

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nexium and its adverse reactions on me! I HATE MEDS! new
      #55701 - 03/29/04 03:50 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, Ruchie, you poor thing!!!! This is SOOOOO not fair. Unbelievable. I can relate - I get every side effect listed too. My hubby jokes with me that I get them from reading the leaflet not taking the pill!!

Go back to square one. Break the cycle. Comfort your poor body and mind and spirit. Then start again. Just focus on today, one day at a time, and you'll make it.

We ALL promise, right, everybody!!!???

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Yes We All Promise!!! -nt- new
      #55719 - 03/29/04 05:23 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#55784 - 03/29/04 07:23 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Ruchie,
I know you're going through some pretty rough trials, and you have been for quite some time. You really are gonna make it out of the fire though.

I know you're tired and worn out and just sick of it all, but you will pull yourself up by your boot straps and you're gonna give yourself a pep talk and keep right on going and keep right on trying.

And you know what? You're going to be okay. Your sunny day with its' beautiful rainbow is coming, Ruchie. I know this sounds silly, but it's true.

I've been around long enough to know that this is how life works. We have horrible, awful times that we think will never end and we think we're just not gonna make it.

But, they do end, and we do make it. Hang in there, punkin, and give it your best fight. Keep trying to take care of yourself and think positive thoughts.
I know you're going to be okay,
Hugs to you,
Terri

Aw Ruchie...I hope you feel better soon! new
      #55832 - 03/30/04 12:14 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ruchie,
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so lousy. I understand where you're coming from, from what I've read of your posts we sound very similar (sinusitis, allergy problems, GERD...so much fun eh?). I however haven't found that I have too much trouble with medications, I think I'm the opposite of you, I seem to be able to take anything (and often do!).
I just started taking Nexxium as well, and I haven't been having many side effects, but I thought I'd try and give you a few suggestions and see if any of them help.
First, is Nexium the first drug you've tried for GERD? Because there is also ranitidine (zantac) which from what I've been told isn't quite as good as Nexium, but if you can't tolerate the nexium it might be worth a try, it's probably better than nothing.
Second, and this may seem a little weird, but have you ever tried Sea Bands? They're these little bracelet like things you wear that activate pressure points and help with nausea. The reason I ask is that I"ve found them really helpful when I have been having trouble with medication side effects because I find that nausea often goes along with headaches and that these help both. I know sometimes I've felt like I just can't take/drink anything, so I would slap these babies on and they almost always make me feel better. Here's a link to a webpage I found about them: http://www.onlinemarine.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online_superstore/safety/seaband.htm?E+scstore
It's primarily meant for when you're at sea or on a plane or something, but I've used them on land and they're great. When I was trying to get off Paxil I found them invaluble at helping me deal with side effects.
I really hope you get better soon...I agree with what TeeCee said, I'm sure your time is coming!
Take care,
Kelly

#55834 - 03/30/04 01:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Get well soon Ruchie! My fiance gets side-effects from drugs too. Codeine and even asthma inhalers make him hallucinate and talk utter bulls**t!

Btw, those wristbands Kelly suggested really work for sea-sickness so I don't see why they wouldn't help with nausea (why did I never think of this before???!!! ).

Zantac is pretty good at relieving heartburn, but it's not so hot at preventing it I think. What drug is Nexium? I've got Lansoprazole which I love - is that the same stuff?

Here's hoping you get a break!

Love Linz

Thanks Teecee... new
      #55998 - 03/30/04 09:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Terri,

You are so super sweet! Thanks for your kind words...

You really inspired me. Sometimes it really feels like I'm never gonna be well again. But your righ...life has its downs AND its ups! The downs have been aorund me for some time now...so the ups should be not too far away (lets hope anyway!)

Thanks so much for your encouragememnt and support...I need ALL I can get right now!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

For Linz and Kelly new
      #56002 - 03/30/04 09:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow, thank you both SO MUCH! I've used the wristbands before on cruises LOL I will see if I can maybe get some for my nasuea...

I was on aciphex whil I was on prednisone for my tummy. It made me constipated. So the doc switched me to Neuim. I think he has another med for me to try when I get this one out of my system (I'm still getting D!) I even woke up in the middle of nigh with D...I've been going now on and off for over 24 hours (is this in any way dangerous...I even go after I drink water or have a popsicle!) I haven't tried eating more than a couple of pretzels at a time...and even that makes me go as well!

Linz, is your med a purple pill? I don't know the technical name for my med so I don't know if they're the same or not?

Anyway, thanks again ladies and thanks for letting me vent! I hope both of you are doing well and feeling GREAT!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

We love LauraSue! new
      #56006 - 03/30/04 09:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

I didn't even read the leaflet! LOL I thought I was sick again...and then I remembered the doc mentioning headache and D from the pill...that's when I read the leaflet.....who ever heard of getting a fever and flu-like symptoms from a med?

I can't wait to be able to eat something and drink something and not have to go! I've said this more than once...how do you IBS-D folks do it? I give you a million props!

Anyway, thanks for making me smile...you're so good at it!

On a side note, I'm looking into OA. I'm having a hard time finding a meeting that's close to where I live...so I'm not sure how to deal with that. Do you happen to know if there are on-line meetings and how to get hooked up--or phone meetings?

Thanks LauraSue!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

RIGHT! -nt-
      #56023 - 03/30/04 10:06 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2918 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review